By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - FIFA World Cup - Qatar 2022

S.Peelman said:

Stupid Morocco. Why. How can Portugal win 6-1 against Switzerland but then just not score against Morocco. Why does everyone suddenly choke on Morocco, they're not that good. 

Footbal math doesn't work. We've seen that several times this WC as well.
Spain beat Costa Rica by 7-0, but then lost to Japan who were beaten by Costa Rica.

mZuzek said:

Also, Portugal doesn't deserve shit. They're full of scumbags, from Cristiano Ronaldo, to Bruno Fernandes, to Bernardo Silva, it's like a full collection of the most punchable faces in football - never mind this guy:

Surprised you left out Pepe, one of the scummiest players of all time. He isn't called 'The Animal' for no reason.

Last edited by Hiku - on 10 December 2022

Around the Network

Morocco is becoming something special? 

Last edited by SegaHeart - on 10 December 2022

mZuzek said:

They clearly defend better than anyone else in this world cup, Portugal barely had a sniff all game. They absolutely deserve it, beat three of the favorites. And they especially deserve it having been put up against Spain and Portugal, given the history they have with those.

Also, Portugal doesn't deserve shit. They're full of scumbags, from Cristiano Ronaldo, to Bruno Fernandes, to Bernardo Silva, it's like a full collection of the most punchable faces in football - never mind this guy:

Glad to see them out, glad to see Morocco get some amazing wins against colonizers, and glad to finally see an African team in a semi-final. Go Morocco!!!

I agree it's picking between a-holes.

Like I said I don't care for Portugal or Spain either, but at the moment I hate Moroccan fans more than I hate Ronaldo and Pepe.

S.Peelman said:

I agree it's picking between a-holes.

Like I said I don't care for Portugal or Spain either, but at the moment I hate Moroccan fans more than I hate Ronaldo and Pepe.

Not sure where I said the Moroccan are a-holes, or why you're getting that impression. I'm sorry you can't appreciate this legendary moment in football history.

I think everybody here might think Morocan players are humble I guess they are if so hope they make it to grand finals, I'm unsure are France and England players a holes I dont follow soccer much except Fifa and Gold Cup in Central America and North America abit.

Around the Network

The players are great their people here tend not to be

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Man, poor Harry Kane...

Dang it, ah well.

Hmm, pie.

Well, I’ll be signing out of this thread now but I’ll post my last thoughts.

I said before the match that I thought the winner would go on to win to tournament and I stand by that - so I’m backing France to be the first team retain the trophy since 1962. Bit of a change from before the tournament I predicted they wouldn’t even win their group and would go out at the Round of 16.
As an England fan, I feel they made more than enough of an impression of the game and had several chances at 1-1 to take the lead. Ironically this was probably their best display at the tournament. I was then mumbling to myself that the next goal would likely win the tie then 2 minutes later France score. And Kane is so reliable from the spot, was heart-breaking to see him miss the second penalty. Kinda knew Rashford wouldn’t score the last free-kick. It was close but they almost never go in in those moments, although I obviously hoped he’d prove me wrong. I do feel for Southgate as inevitably more of the vitrol is going to get directed at him which I think is underserved.

For England, so near yet so far yet again. It feels like the end of a cycle. Southgate will probably leave now and many of the key players are probably at their last world cup, or at least the last time their prime. Henderson, Maguire, Trippier and Walker definitely won’t still be there in 2026 and whilst Kane, Stones and Pickford in theory could they’ll be past their prime. A few of those may cling on but such players often fare seem to hold the team back. Younger players like Foden, Bellingham, Saka and Rice will but you’re going back to the drawing board to rebuild the team - restarting the cycle - and you don’t typically win things at that time. Worse, they could be left in perpetual transition like 2006 to 2018 where they just went nowhere. I can at least look forward to the women’s world cup next year where England do look to have a real shot, although it’s not the same.

As I said, I think France will go on to win the tournament. I can’t see. I just think they’re too good for Morocco’s streetwise game. And I feel both Argentina and Croatia are weaker than 2018 when they both lost to France, whilst France are stronger than they were 4 years ago.

England played well until that penalty miss, then leave it to English managers to take their best player off. Southgate totally killed the game there.

You see people asking "how did England create football but can never win at it?", these days I realized where the answer is: English managers are shit. Now just why that is the case, I don't know, but it's true. In all my life I've never seen a single good team with an English manager, maybe I'm just forgetting but I really can't remember any, and even going way back into football history there are very few who stand out.

Personally I don't like either England or France, but I'm more scared of France, so I'm disappointed by this result. I still believe someone's gonna beat them, though (if only because I have to believe).