By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Twilight Princess HD & Wind Waker HD To Be Ported To Switch & Shown At September Directirect

WWHD, won't happen, but a kick to 60 fps on the Switch would be superb.

Around the Network

I have both games on my Wii U, so I won't be buying them. Great for those that didn't own a Wii U...which is the majority of Switch owners. Wind Waker in Hd looks incredible.

I just want Pikmin 4.

Chrkeller said:

This would be a huge deal for me personally. I have a Wii U still, but only for TP and WW. Once those get ported I get rid of my Wii U. The Wii U is kind of annoying, a power brick for the console, 2nd power brick for the Gamepad. It would clean up my gaming room quite well. I've been wanting a port for a while now.

For me, it's Gamecube for both lol.

javi741 said:

Tbh I was surprised these games haven't got ported yet as they were good remasters that suffered being on the Wii U, I'm happy they would finally be coming. I'm just confused about why only Prime 1 would get remastered and not the whole trilogy however since it wouldn't at all take much more time and resources to remaster the trilogy since it already was remastered for the Wii and costed only 20$ on the Wii U VC. If it was a remake of Prime 1 I'd understand but only a remaster of Prime 1 & not the other 2 games seems weird.

My understanding is that Prime 1 is a remake, not a remaster. I've never heard any rumor talking about it as anything other than a full remake. I believe Prime 2 and 3 are just going to be remasters (though at one point there was also a rumor that they were going to use the assets from the Prime 1 remake to help with Prime 2 and 3, but given how long Prime 1 remake seems to be taking, and the fact that 2 and 3 would of course still require a lot of new graphical assets that aren't in 1, that seems unlikely).

Given how long the Prime 1 remake has been rumored, and hence how long they've been working on it, it wouldn't make sense if it was just a remaster as that wouldn't take terribly long to get done.

I guess we'll find out soon. But I'm expecting Prime 1 full remake and then perhaps a double pack remaster for 2&3 (just porting from Wii trilogy and upgrading to HD). Hoping for Prime 1 remake this holiday season and then 2/3 remaster double pack next summer, leading into a Prime 4 release for holiday 2023.

Around the Network

It is definitely my own fault for believing "leakers", but I cannot help but be a bit disappointed this didn't happen. Oh well. Hopefully some day.

1doesnotsimply

I am not surprised that it didn't show up.

This thread was a fun read

我是广州人

Yea tbh this was the final straw for me. From now on I'll never take any rumor seriously ever again, even the leaker who I thought was somewhat reliable who confidently said the remasters were "Guaranteed" to be shown got it completely wrong. I'm not gonna entertain any more rumors and get any false hope from them.

camilosanchez16 said:

I just want Pikmin 4.

Praise the Gods!