By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Twilight Princess HD & Wind Waker HD To Be Ported To Switch & Shown At September Directirect

https://www.videogameschronicle.com/news/a-nintendo-direct-featuring-wind-waker-and-twilight-princess-is-reportedly-coming-in-september/

According to reporter & leaker Jeff Grubb & others. Twilight Princess HD & WW HD will "for sure" be shown at this next Nintendo direct in September. They also state that the heavily rumored Metroid Prime remaster probably will be shown at this direct as well.

If TP HD & WW HD end up receiving ports, those would be some of the last few Wii U games to finally get ported to Switch. The only games that I could think of that haven't received direct sequels or ports to Switch include Xenoblade Chronicles X, which surprised me that it hasn't got ported yet since it was a relatively big game that seemed to good to be trapped on the Wii U, but according to Monolith a port to Switch would be too expensive so there's a possibility it may never happen.

There's Star Fox Zero left but considering how it was poorly received sales wise & reviews wise I don't find it likely that Nintendo would care to port it, especially since Miyamoto, the one who led the project isn't really involved in developing games like that anymore so I don't think there would be anyone to push for it. Also Star Fox Zero was very gamepad centric so developing a port that was originally built with the Wii U Gamepad in mind might be too difficult for Nintendo to port it or have the willingness too, so its unlikely to receive a port. Same goes with other gamepad-centric games like Nintendo Land & Kirby & the Rainbow Curse. 

Every other Wii U game at this point has either gotten ported, or received a sequel which would make a port pointless.

Before some people completely ignore this just cause it's just a "rumor", I could confirm that the leaker of this news Jeff Grubb been a very reliable leaker in the past, he exactly predicted which EA games would get ported to Switch before they were announced and leaked other stuff that turned out to be true. This is still a rumor but the person backing it has a very good track record and is a journalist for a big news website, so it's less likely he'll risk the credibility of the website to spread misinformation.

So what are your guys thoughts on this, if true are you excited? Do you guys think this rumor is true?

Tbh I was surprised these games haven't got ported yet as they were good remasters that suffered being on the Wii U, I'm happy they would finally be coming. I'm just confused about why only Prime 1 would get remastered and not the whole trilogy however since it wouldn't at all take much more time and resources to remaster the trilogy since it already was remastered for the Wii and costed only 20$ on the Wii U VC. If it was a remake of Prime 1 I'd understand but only a remaster of Prime 1 & not the other 2 games seems weird.

Around the Network

If WWHD and TPHD do finally get announced, I wonder why Nintendo would release both of them so close to BotW 2 if that Spring 2023 release date is still accurate.

javi741 said:

There's Star Fox Zero left but considering how it was poorly received sales wise & reviews wise I don't find it likely that Nintendo would care to port it, especially since Miyamoto, the one who led the project isn't really involved in developing games like that anymore so I don't think there would be anyone to push for it. Also Star Fox Zero was very gamepad centric so developing a port that was originally built with the Wii U Gamepad in mind might be too difficult for Nintendo to port it or have the willingness too, so its unlikely to receive a port. Same goes with other gamepad-centric games like Nintendo Land & Kirby & the Rainbow Curse. 

Ironically... It's actually the Gamepad itself that impacts negatively on StarFox Zero, if it got a port to Switch, most of the negative sentiment would go away if it had pro controller support.

javi741 said:

Tbh I was surprised these games haven't got ported yet as they were good remasters that suffered being on the Wii U, I'm happy they would finally be coming. I'm just confused about why only Prime 1 would get remastered and not the whole trilogy however since it wouldn't at all take much more time and resources to remaster the trilogy since it already was remastered for the Wii and costed only 20$ on the Wii U VC. If it was a remake of Prime 1 I'd understand but only a remaster of Prime 1 & not the other 2 games seems weird.

Likely money. Why bundle a trilogy when you can sell them separately over time to extend a platforms life?

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

I'm stoked. Shame Star Fox Zero likely won't get ported: fudged by it being rooted in WiiU it seems but I understand it has no Krystal in it so *shrugs*.

Can you please put a big old RUMOR at the top

and for fucks sake XENOBLADE X NEEDS A PORT. Last GOOD game that has yet to get one.

Last edited by Leynos - on 31 August 2022

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Around the Network

They will delay all of these just to ruin Jeff Grubb's credibility.
Bet!

Kakadu18 said:

They will delay all of these just to ruin Jeff Grubb's credibility.
Bet!

God I hope so! That way we’ll finally be done with “xxxxxxx will definitely 100% happen this year….maybe”

“This is happening, but probably not.”

Reminds me of Donald Trump.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Whether this is likely or not, I wonder what would happen if it indeed was true and these games got announced eventually. What next game will pop up on the wishlists of insatiable fans? First they begged for Skyward Sword. Then, the very instant that Skyward Sword got announced they said great, now do WW and TP next.

This is one of those things where the person saying it's true may not actually know, but it's something that's going to happen one way or another. Those games will definitely be ported at some point to the Switch.

As for it being in a September direct, yeah that seems likely. Nintendo has a gap in their holiday schedule. They have Pokemon, but feels like there should be at least one other big title. With BOTW 2 coming out next year, this seems like a good time to capitalize on the hype with a port. Plus, ports like that are games that Nintendo tends to drop with little notice, so it makes sense.