By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Whats our/your backup the moment VGC gets cut loose?

ironmanDX said:
gtotheunit91 said:

I was unaware that there was a vgchartz discord lol

I think there is an Xbox Empire one... Not too sure about a vgc one as a whole. 

Imagine if there's an Xbox Empire one and the owner of Empire isn't in it. 😢

Around the Network
Ryuu96 said:

Wherever ma thread goes! Lol.

Probably just stick to Discord, I hate XboxEra's layout and don't like a site focused on one specific thing, ResetEra is a bit too huge for me, I think, I like that we're small (although wish we were bigger) because it feels like we all mostly know each other and if I joined a massive forum I would lose that.

InstallBase seems like a sensible option for users of VGChartz if the site ever died cause we share similar focus (in sales), it would be my #1 choice if they had topics other than sales on the site.

Maybe we create our own site or buy VGChartz off Ioi, Lol.

I'll try to stick around to the very end though, doing what I can to try to improve things but it's hard to have faith in the future of the site when the owner doesn't seem to care but forums in general are dying outside of the juggernauts.

Which discord servers are you on RN?

Cute and honest Sega Saturn fan, also noone should buy Sega grrrr, Sega for life. The reason I'm chaotic to few 3rd party developers is because I'm protecting Sega and also I lack skill to get really hot girl I really want. also few devs deserve it for making bad game's personal experiences, looking at Ghost Blade HD the shmup or Fighting EX Layer. My standards are too high for genres I play. KOF 13 > Fighting EX layer gameplay.

I belong to some retro gaming sites. Just post more there. I was unaware this place is a case of the owner abandoning it. Been down that road many times. Never goes well.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

I wish Sega Forums was not closed back in 2017, Yes the Official Sega one was around but they are gone.
I just found my new home Yay Sega Saturn UK forum --- > https://segasaturngroup.proboards.com/board/6/virtua-saturn

Cute and honest Sega Saturn fan, also noone should buy Sega grrrr, Sega for life. The reason I'm chaotic to few 3rd party developers is because I'm protecting Sega and also I lack skill to get really hot girl I really want. also few devs deserve it for making bad game's personal experiences, looking at Ghost Blade HD the shmup or Fighting EX Layer. My standards are too high for genres I play. KOF 13 > Fighting EX layer gameplay.

I need a big Forum to rival Resetera , Not joining Neogaf they are right wingers I heard. I'll try Gamespot but will interact little on the system war lounges where the warring goes too too much they call xbox fans lemmings , Nintendo fans hermits and Sony fans Cows. TBH I like the name cows.

Around the Network

This is the only gaming forum I have ever visited with any regularity. I started coming here maybe seven or eight years ago, and started participating six or seven years ago. My life has become much more full since then, so I doubt that I would get started on another forum if this one disappeared.

I think the best case scenario would be for somebody that loves this place to buy it. Price would have to be extremely small in order for that to make sense, cuz I'm sure there's no way to make a profit here, at least without a major change to the character of this site. Otherwise, yeah, it's just going to go away one day. Hopefully we'll get a little bit of warning before that day comes. But I don't think that's a sure thing. It wouldn't surprise me at all for the site to simply go offline with no warning and never come back.

I'd consider buying it myself if I had any sort of relevant technical knowledge at all. But, I don't.  I would be able to do nothing with this site. That means I'd have to trust people that I've never met with the whole operation. And, that's not something I would be comfortable doing. Also, the price would have to be next to nothing in order for it to make sense. 

I have people.

For video game sales there's Install Base but for general forums there really isn't anything. I expect this will be the last decade before this place truly dies but when it does forums in general will probably be truly dead with maybe the exception of crazy places like resetera so that'll be it for forums for me.

I noticed ioi was last online just a month ago. What kind of involvement does he have in the site anymore?

I'll probably retire from video game message boards.