By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Rumored Halo 3/ GTAIV Bundle sends PS3 fanboys running for their mummies!

Just say this. It scared me. Seems a bit late to find out about this. Also seems a bit odd they would pair these games with the Arcade, being that it has no HDD for exclusive DLC.

http://www.gameplayer.com.au/Home/NEWS/NEWS/tabid/1482/Default.aspx?CID=4de37460-9923-4c51-9eb0-c9f875e04442

We’ve received word that Microsoft has come up with a response to Sony’s (still not officially announced) PS3+GTA IV bundle.

Follow the links here and here, and you’ll see that bundles are already appearing that include an Xbox 360 console and BOTH Halo 3 and GTA IV.

It seems odd that Microsoft would bother making a bundle for the ‘Arcade’ edition of the console, considering that it doesn’t include a hard drive, and as such won’t support the much-touted upcoming DLC content out of the box.

They probably know what they’re doing, but we have trouble fathoming this decision.

The bundles are not exclusive to that particular online retailer – a mole inside of the department store chain David Jones has also confirmed both bundles are showing up on their distributor website. They’ll retail for $499.95 (Arcade) and $679.95 (Pro).

Both these deals are selling at a huge discount to the recommended retail prices of their constituent parts – Microsoft is basically giving away Halo 3 for free.

This is further proof that Microsoft is taking the release of GTA IV very, very, seriously, and views its launch as a make-or-break moment for the Xbox 360.

If it is true, then thats one hell of a bundle. If I had no console and they sold that bundle for $250 I would HAVE TO JUMP ON IT. I fing hate the Xbox, but GTA and Halo 3 all at once!? That might be all you need for the duration of your console if you aren't a gamer nerd. 

Around the Network

mummies? as in dried out pharaohs? mommies?

OT: gta IV will sell it self no matter whats bundled with what.

Dayum! That's a fantastic deal if it's true! I suppose we'll hear about any Sony and Microsoft bundles (officially) within the week.

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."

Sounds like a good bundle for the 360 bundling in the best two games on the system is a great idea.

That is huge. I don't know if it'll go elsewhere beyond Australia but if it does then all the predictions of PS3 recieving the larger hardware boost could come crashing down. Especially if it's not just the Arcade SKU bundled with games.

I've been holding out for a NA price drop but this bundle would be extremely appealing.

Around the Network
ShinKazenoKizzu said:
mummies? as in dried out pharaohs? mommies?

OT: gta IV will sell it self no matter whats bundled with what.

It was a joke my friend. Thats my british accent.

And of course it will sell no matter what. Does that mean it will sell on the Xbox360 no matter what? Ok sure I guess it will lol, BUT MORE THAN THE PS3!?

People love bundles, but they love them even more with the two biggest game of this generation bundled together. Ya dig?

Wow. Looks like Stickballs prediction that Halo 3 will clear 10 million units could be justified if this hits all of Europe.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

They should chuck in a copy of PGR4 for Europe. It doesn't sell anymore, racers are popular there, and it would increase the immediate fanbase for PGR5.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

thats marketing...

I dont see any PS3 purchasers jumping on this deal at all. Sorry halo is not that great of an FPS.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453