By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Xenoblade Chronicles 3 Reviews: 89 Metacritic/ 88 Opencritic

I think this game so far has been 

No words for the climax of Chapter 1. I thought the first confrontation with Metal Face and the Mechon was good enough but Barney the Dinosaur blows everything out of the water. 



My bet with The_Liquid_Laser: I think the Switch won't surpass the PS2 as the best selling system of all time. If it does, I'll play a game of a list that The_Liquid_Laser will provide, I will have to play it for 50 hours or complete it, whatever comes first. 

Around the Network

This game is 90+ give them a 90



Guess which version of Hatsune Miku this is? She has my Birth stone color turqoise in her eyes, And I'm most honest Sega Saturn lover alltime.Picture far right is Sega first Real Mascot. Represents my birth animal the helpful Bunny want you to find his name.My ruling Planet is Saturn if connect the Birth month I was born and year.

Hmmm ... Is it just me or Monolith Soft willingly designed Chapter 3 for players not to advance the story and do the exploring of the huge regions it opens and it's sidequesting instead ?

Now I understand why I heard why some people needed 20-30 hours to go through Chapter 3 lol.
Also discovered a Colony early out of nowhere xD



Switch Friend Code : 3905-6122-2909 

Mar1217 said:

Hmmm ... Is it just me or Monolith Soft willingly designed Chapter 3 for players not to advance the story and do the exploring of the huge regions it opens and it's sidequesting instead ?

Now I understand why I heard why some people needed 20-30 hours to go through Chapter 3 lol.
Also discovered a Colony early out of nowhere xD

Each Xenoblade game has a chapter like that to get the player used to looking around although the third game has it on a much bigger scale.



Wyrdness said:
Mar1217 said:

Hmmm ... Is it just me or Monolith Soft willingly designed Chapter 3 for players not to advance the story and do the exploring of the huge regions it opens and it's sidequesting instead ?

Now I understand why I heard why some people needed 20-30 hours to go through Chapter 3 lol.
Also discovered a Colony early out of nowhere xD

Each Xenoblade game has a chapter like that to get the player used to looking around although the third game has it on a much bigger scale.

Well I'd say it's different not just on the sense of the scale. No other games in the series truly went out of it's way during the main story to litteraly tell you to "get lost and go help the Colonies". They always opened up yeah, but there's only Torna the Golden Country and X(for obvious reasons) which I felt like this before.

It's not a bad thing though. The exploration is hella fun ! And the sidequests in this one is much more integrate to your party than before. Your party actively participates on the dialogue and I've seen quite the share of golden scenes already early on. 



Switch Friend Code : 3905-6122-2909 

Around the Network
Mar1217 said:

Well I'd say it's different not just on the sense of the scale. No other games in the series truly went out of it's way during the main story to litteraly tell you to "get lost and go help the Colonies". They always opened up yeah, but there's only Torna the Golden Country and X(for obvious reasons) which I felt like this before.

It's not a bad thing though. The exploration is hella fun ! And the sidequests in this one is much more integrate to your party than before. Your party actively participates on the dialogue and I've seen quite the share of golden scenes already early on. 

Yeah that is true the game is more open in its structure to the point sidequest events are literally scatter about in your path no matter where you may go.



Wyrdness said:
Mar1217 said:

Well I'd say it's different not just on the sense of the scale. No other games in the series truly went out of it's way during the main story to litteraly tell you to "get lost and go help the Colonies". They always opened up yeah, but there's only Torna the Golden Country and X(for obvious reasons) which I felt like this before.

It's not a bad thing though. The exploration is hella fun ! And the sidequests in this one is much more integrate to your party than before. Your party actively participates on the dialogue and I've seen quite the share of golden scenes already early on. 

Yeah that is true the game is more open in its structure to the point sidequest events are literally scatter about in your path no matter where you may go.

Kind of my favorite thing to be honest. Though, I don't think mandatory Hero Quests should've been displayed as such. 

Also, the care put into the structure of these quests are quite impressive as well. The Heroes from Colony Gamma and 9 could've been just as much added to the Story structure and wouldn't have felt much out of place. 



Switch Friend Code : 3905-6122-2909