By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Gamers can be toxic to devs and vice versa

Chrkeller said:

I don't know what to tell you other than I stand by my position and respect your counter position.  I have nothing else to say.

That's fine, but don't spit on me and others when we call out the bad practices and the like. I'm just letting you know this here and now.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Around the Network
Chazore said:
Chrkeller said:

I don't know what to tell you other than I stand by my position and respect your counter position.  I have nothing else to say.

That's fine, but don't spit on me and others when we call out the bad practices and the like. I'm just letting you know this here and now.

I think you need to re-read this thread with an open mind.  I have said multiple times that I respect your opinion and take no issues.  Meanwhile you have questioned me constantly including questioning my education (which ironically includes an advance degree).  So in terms of "spit" I have no idea why that is directed at me.  I suggest finding a mirror.  

You simply want me to change my mind, while refusing to change yours.  

I still respect your position, we both feel what we feel.  There is no reason to be upset here my friend.

Chrkeller said:

I think you need to re-read this thread with an open mind.  I have said multiple times that I respect your opinion and take no issues.  Meanwhile you have questioned me constantly including questioning my education (which ironically includes an advance degree).  So in terms of "spit" I have no idea why that is directed at me.  I suggest finding a mirror.  

I still respect your position, we both feel what we feel.  There is no reason to be upset here my friend.

I said that primarily because you seem to see this as a one way street in terms of bad practices, and you say it's all our own fault, and not the fault of the one who had willingly sown the seeds to begin with. That's what I don't agree with and see as being spit on.

It's not my fault, and I want these practices to stop, but me not buying those one or two games out there is going to stop that, which is why I'd rather educate on the bad practices over time.

If I changed my mind, I'd be joining you and nothing would change (though the difference in wanting to educate others would indeed change, as I wouldn't be doing that if it was all the consumers fault). 

I'm not upset, I'm just letting you know this now, because I've a feeling we are going to confront one another sometime in the future over this topic (which does get brought up via news outlets from time to time over the years). 

Also, what I meant by "spit", was dumping all fault onto the customer.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Chazore said:
Chrkeller said:

I said that primarily because you seem to see this as a one way street in terms of bad practices, and you say it's all our own fault, and not the fault of the one who had willingly sown the seeds to begin with. That's what I don't agree with and see as being spit on.

It's not my fault, and I want these practices to stop, but me not buying those one or two games out there is going to stop that, which is why I'd rather educate on the bad practices over time.

If I changed my mind, I'd be joining you and nothing would change (though the difference in wanting to educate others would indeed change, as I wouldn't be doing that if it was all the consumers fault). 

I'm not upset, I'm just letting you know this now, because I've a feeling we are going to confront one another sometime in the future over this topic (which does get brought up via news outlets from time to time over the years). 

OK.  I'm not worried about it.  I don't intend on changing my opinion because somebody doesn't like it.  Nor do I expect anybody to change their opinion because of others. 

Agreeing to disagree, which I said 30 posts ago, isn't that difficult.

Edit
I think the good news is there appears to be a 100% alignment on proper labelling.  Put a giant label on the game that clearly indicates MTX and/or lootboxes.  I view that like an ingredient list or nutritional label.  Consumers have a right to clear labelling.  

Last edited by Chrkeller - on 21 July 2022

Chrkeller said:
Chazore said:

OK.  I'm not worried about it.  I don't intend on changing my opinion because somebody doesn't like it.  Nor do I expect anybody to change their opinion because of others. 

Agreeing to disagree, which I said 30 posts ago, isn't that difficult.

Edit
I think the good news is there appears to be a 100% alignment on proper labelling.  Put a giant label on the game that clearly indicates MTX and/or lootboxes.  I view that like an ingredient list or nutritional label.  Consumers have a right to clear labelling.  

Yep. Misleading is company fault, but if they are clear on it and people still want to purchase well it either consumer fault or they accept/approve the practice. And in nowhere you said it was Chazore fault, you said it was a collective consumer issue if they support companies with money while complaining with mouth. Companies only listen to their wallets.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."