By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - June NPD 2022 Thread

ChiVVITZ said:
DroidKnight said:

I'm one of the ones that had a thread with a title of the PS5 and Xbox Series X neck and neck.  

Within seconds of the adjustments made to the Xbox numbers I immediately brought attention to it and updated my thread title.

Dishonest bullshit.

My thread

Im not talking about ur thread that never gets published outside of this site, I meant the weekly one like this gets published on big gaming news site - https://www.vgchartz.com/article/454165/switch-tops-109m-units-xs-outsells-ps5-worldwide-hardware-estimates-for-june-12-18/

I see.  Sorry, I was only thinking threads.

...to avoid getting banned for inactivity, I may have to resort to comments that are of a lower overall quality and or beneath my moral standards.

Around the Network

So it can best be summed up like this:
NS: 392K - $300 (for average selling price) = $117.55M (est more lite sold than regular)
PS5: 297K - $480 (for average selling price) = $142.65M (est more disc sold than digital)
XS: 288K - $350 (for average selling price) = $100.89M (est more S sold than X)

RolStoppable said:
darthv72 said:

So it can best be summed up like this:
NS: 392K - $300 (for average selling price) = $117.55M (est more lite sold than regular)
PS5: 297K - $480 (for average selling price) = $142.65M (est more disc sold than digital)
XS: 288K - $350 (for average selling price) = $100.89M (est more S sold than X)

Switch Lite doesn't sell more than the regular. It's the worst selling SKU, hence why Switch's average selling price is pegged at $300.

Given there are three different price points for switch, that $100 delta between a lite and regular can mean the difference of a couple of games. That's why i figured the lite was selling more and leading to higher units but less $$. Like the Series S does for the X.

Looks like PS5 stock could be significantly better in the 2nd half of the year so it should remain ahead of the Xbox Series lifetime for a while still.

Norion said:

Looks like PS5 stock could be significantly better in the 2nd half of the year so it should remain ahead of the Xbox Series lifetime for a while still.

I expect the lead to grow. Specially this year. Ps5 expects higher production and there's little reason to own an Xbox this year.

Either way Xbox has been way over tracked and there won't be any real adjustments since MS dosent release data and vgc won't have anything to back the numbers. 

It takes genuine talent to see greatness in yourself despite your absence of genuine talent.

Around the Network
eva01beserk said:
Norion said:

I expect the lead to grow. Specially this year. Ps5 expects higher production and there's little reason to own an Xbox this year.

Either way Xbox has been way over tracked and there won't be any real adjustments since MS dosent release data and vgc won't have anything to back the numbers. 

As long as Sony can supply enough PS5's that should happen yeah. It'll come down to the holiday since if there still a big enough stock issue then the Series S will make Xbox the better seller again that period.