By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PS5 and Xbox Series X Stock Improve - Global Hardware June 19-25

What released on PS4/XBO to cause that spike in June 2015?

Around the Network

PS5 is about to outsell the Master System (20.84M)
Xbox Series is about to outsell the PS Vita (15.82M)

HigHurtenflurst said:

What released on PS4/XBO to cause that spike in June 2015?

Batman Arkham Knight, which had a Limited Edition Bundle for PS4. 

All three current gen systems tightly clustered in America, but what stands out even more is how close PS and Xbox are in Asia.

Alex_The_Hedgehog said:

PS5 is about to outsell the Master System (20.84M)
Xbox Series is about to outsell the PS Vita (15.82M)

Nooooooooooo not my beloved Master System.

Damn, I wish I had a NES when a kid but my mom bought the wrong videogame and brought a Master System home and I was too ashamed to say it was the wrong videogame.

It had some really good games in it though.

Around the Network

Thanks kazuya (& @trunks)

Just bought the Arkham games on Steam, didn't realise it was that big a deal.

Not bad for all consoles

Just some leaks and rumors but apparently a lot of big companies are moving to the new chip nodes and are leaving a bunch of capacity for 7nm. Consoles are supposed to sky rocket in supply pretty soon.

I know Sony already said they planed 18m for this year. So who knows if next year they can be in the high 20's.

It takes genuine talent to see greatness in yourself despite your absence of genuine talent.

trunkswd said:

PS5 vs Xbox Series X|S vs Switch Launch Sales Comparison Through Week 85

PS5 Vs. Xbox Series X|S Vs. Switch Global:

1. Switch: 21,022,800
  2. PS5: 20,656,980
  3. XSX|S: 15,396,943

Switch is winning this race, and it looks like it is about to leave the other two consoles in the dust.  This corresponds with holiday 2018 which is still about 1.5 years before the Animal Crossing/COVID sales explosion.  They aren't ever going to catch the Switch again.

trunkswd said:

Year to Date Sales Comparison (Same Periods Covered)

Every system did fairly well this week, but YTD Switch is still ahead of the other two systems combined.

NS up and dominates as usual
    PS5 up by a nice amount and back to 2nd place
    XS 3rd, but up too
    Nice week overall
    Since the 9th April tie, PS5 on average outsold again XS, although by a smaller margin than what was able to achieve in the past, stopping the long period started on BF when XS on average outsold it. Could it be the end of supply issues or will we have to wait some more time watching PS5 and XS alternating good week to barely decent ones when supplies have hiccups? Meanwhile, Ninty keeps on reaping the benefits of being more frugal on chips.

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
    A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
    TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW!