By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Rumors While We Wait For the Next Nintendo Direct

Will there be a Nintendo Direct next week?

Yes, and with Donkey Kong 6 35.29%

Yes, but no Donkey Kong 8 47.06%

No, Alanah was trolling us for Sony 3 17.65%

Total:17

DON'T YOU GET IT THERE WILL NEVER BE ANOTHER DIRECT! FOOLS! FOOLS ALL OF YOU!!!

Around the Network
Kakadu18 said:
GoOnKid said:

Nintendo can and has sat on many games for quite a while. 

This is repeated so much but does anybody really know for sure? The only game that comes to my mind is BotW, and even that isn't even 100% sure as there had been rumors about a delay post march 3rd 17. I think somebody claimed the voiceovers and translationen demanded a push, it was obviously false. The quintessence is: You can never believe anything from these attention whores. So, I am asking, which games had really been finished but halted back? I'd really like to know.

NSMBUDX. The title screen even says 2018.

And Xenoblade Chronicles 3 obviously. They wanted to release it in September, many months after it's done.

Two examples already. Why wouldn't there be more?

Eh, I don't know. Let's be realistic: Scheduling a release date is part of the business and has always been, not only for Nintendo but for every publisher. Yet I don't see that certain claim for anybody else than Nintendo. Whatever, I guess. Perhaps I'm making a mountain out of a molehole here but this annoys me much more than it should do and I don't know why.

CaptainExplosion said:
GoOnKid said:

Possible explanations: They have no idea about the game's direction. Retro studios just doesn't want to do another DK game. No other team inside Nintendo wants to do a DK game. They believe DKCTF is good enough as the Switch representative of the franchise. The teams are rather focussing on games they have closer to their hearts. DK became fat from too many bananas.

In game development, you need to have a vision first, then create the concept around that, then assemble the manpower around that. My best take is that nobody came up with a vision for a new DK game. If you forced a new game without a focused direction you'd end up with a haf-assed product that fails to meet expectations and damages the franchise. I'd rather not want to have half-assed games and instead accept no game at all, but that's just my fries threwn across the table.

But there are many directions Donkey Kong can be taken in, and there's demand for a Crash Bandicoot N Sane Trilogy-esque remaster of the original DKC trilogy.

Alright then, go ahead and make a pitch.

CaptainExplosion said:
GoOnKid said:

Eh, I don't know. Let's be realistic: Scheduling a release date is part of the business and has always been, not only for Nintendo but for every publisher. Yet I don't see that certain claim for anybody else than Nintendo. Whatever, I guess. Perhaps I'm making a mountain out of a molehole here but this annoys me much more than it should do and I don't know why.

CaptainExplosion said:

But there are many directions Donkey Kong can be taken in, and there's demand for a Crash Bandicoot N Sane Trilogy-esque remaster of the original DKC trilogy.

Alright then, go ahead and make a pitch.

Why not a new DKC where King K. Rool is finally the villain again, and this time he's conquered several other islands to expand his forces for a new invasion of Donkey Kong Island, now donning the persona of Kolonol K Rool?

Yeah, why not.

Based on the rumors we’ve heard, including that this Direct will now be a partners/mini presentation and that the My Nintendo store (UK) is scheduled for online maintenance June 27th - 29th, my predictions from Nintendo for next week’s Direct are:

• GBA for Nintendo Online
  • Mario Kart 8 Booster Pack Wave 2 summer date
  • New Donkey Kong game releasing this year

I think that would go over well for the shareholder meeting on June 29th.

Given that E3 is practically dead now, the big E3 Direct is no longer an event driven necessity. They can now focus their Direct's wholly on their own scheduling needs.

If it does show up soon, great. If it continues every year, great. But I can easily see them killing the big E3 Direct in favor of, as Nintendo so often does, doing their own thing.

Around the Network
Renamed said:

Given that E3 is practically dead now, the big E3 Direct is no longer an event driven necessity. They can now focus their Direct's wholly on their own scheduling needs.

If it does show up soon, great. If it continues every year, great. But I can easily see them killing the big E3 Direct in favor of, as Nintendo so often does, doing their own thing.

Nintendo have already announced a Direct:

Welp, Persona Fans will be happy I suppose.  Twenty Five minutes of 3rd party stuff; I don't expect anything game-wise here from Nintendo.  Best surprise we can hang on to from Nintendo itself at this event is the Switch Pro rumor I guess.

Spoiler!
Mario + Rabbids: Sparks of Hope leaked on the Ubisoft store. It's coming out on October 20:
https://www.gematsu.com/2022/06/mario-rabbids-sparks-of-hope-launches-october-20

People are saying possible Battle Network collection. Would be pretty sweet. 

Last edited by Raven - on 28 June 2022

Here are my unrealistic wishes:

• A new Mega Man X game
  • A new Castlevania game
  • A Tekken game
  • A new Ninja Gaiden game
  • Bayonetta 3 release date
  • Dragon Quest III HD release date