By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Star-Field's comparison are silly

Tagged games:

Azzanation said:
DonFerrari said:

When I hear about Star Citizen the first thing that comes to my mind is a scam to get people money.

Go play the demo of Star Citizen than go watch the Star Field trailer again and you will see why that conparison makes more sense.

I have seem the comparison between No Man Sky and Star-Field and it made a lot of sense. Plus the NMS although launching poorly after couple years was considered quite the good game, so I would personally prefer this track than Star Citizen.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Around the Network

Starfield exists and will have released by June 2023. Star Citizen, well..

Besides, I expect a better-looking NMS with Fallout-like quests and some Bethesda jank. I'm not sure how that compares to what Star Citizen claims will be its core gameplay.

Dude I dont think so. Bethesda at most does bait and switch. Star citizen is an outright scam.

It takes genuine talent to see greatness in yourself despite your absence of genuine talent.

DonFerrari said:
Azzanation said:

Go play the demo of Star Citizen than go watch the Star Field trailer again and you will see why that conparison makes more sense.

I have seem the comparison between No Man Sky and Star-Field and it made a lot of sense. Plus the NMS although launching poorly after couple years was considered quite the good game, so I would personally prefer this track than Star Citizen.

What does Star Field and NMS have in common? Because of space travel?

Both Star Field and Star Citizen offer actual story based content with actual hand crafted planets etc. NMS offers a gameplay loop of mine and go to next planet and mine. Very different games at their cores.

Weather Star Citizen is a scam to you and others doesnt change the fact what SC is as a game. 

haxxiy said:

Starfield exists and will have released by June 2023. Star Citizen, well..

Besides, I expect a better-looking NMS with Fallout-like quests and some Bethesda jank. I'm not sure how that compares to what Star Citizen claims will be its core gameplay.

Those who have played Star Citizen will understand the direct comparisons. The only thing Star Field and NMS have in common is that its based in space.

NMS is a Survival Sandbox game, SF is a WRPG.

Saying NMS is like SF is like saying Assassin's Creed is like Sea of Thieves because they have boats. Very different games at their cores.

Last edited by Azzanation - on 14 June 2022

Around the Network
Mar1217 said:

Bruh, as much as we can down Star Citizen for the production fiasco they're going through.

StarField has more in likelyness to NMS than Star Citizen.
Especially since the later focus more on the simulation aspects of it's gameplay, StarField is far removed from that.

This video says enough.

Azzanation said:
Mar1217 said:

Bruh, as much as we can down Star Citizen for the production fiasco they're going through.

StarField has more in likelyness to NMS than Star Citizen.
Especially since the later focus more on the simulation aspects of it's gameplay, StarField is far removed from that.

This video says enough.

So does this one.

It takes genuine talent to see greatness in yourself despite your absence of genuine talent.

eva01beserk said:
Azzanation said:

This video says enough.

So does this one.

You literally think that SF looks more like NMS than SC? 

NMS gameplay loop is similar to Subnautica where as SF is like OuterWorlds. I guess you are saying OuterWorlds is like NMS aswell?

Also SC was doing NMS before NMS. Its inspiration evolves from FreeLancer aswell as SC was in development 1 year before NMS's release.

Azzanation said:
eva01beserk said:

So does this one.

NMS gameplay loop is similar to Subnautica where as SF is like OuterWorlds.

Also SC was doing NMS before NMS. Its inspiration evolves from FreeLancer to Star Citizen which was in development 1 year before NMS release and now we have Star Field from Bethesda.

It's literaly the same game you would get 6 years later with a bigger budget. 

Never played subnautica. But we have no gameplay loop at all from starfield. Tod said our job us explorering just like no mans sky.

It can start production a decade before it still acomplished nothing but scam millions out of fans. No mans sky released crappy years ago and improved a hell of a lot and you actually got a full game now. So I don't know why you are so down on a game that made a great turn around and is enjoyed by many. But keep praising a official scam. Because of its graphics?

eva01beserk said:
Azzanation said:

NMS gameplay loop is similar to Subnautica where as SF is like OuterWorlds.

Also SC was doing NMS before NMS. Its inspiration evolves from FreeLancer to Star Citizen which was in development 1 year before NMS release and now we have Star Field from Bethesda.

It's literaly the same game you would get 6 years later with a bigger budget. 

Never played subnautica. But we have no gameplay loop at all from starfield. Tod said our job us explorering just like no mans sky.

It can start production a decade before it still acomplished nothing but scam millions out of fans. No mans sky released crappy years ago and improved a hell of a lot and you actually got a full game now. So I don't know why you are so down on a game that made a great turn around and is enjoyed by many. But keep praising a official scam. Because of its graphics?

No its not.

You understand what genre NMS is right? You understand StarField is basically Fallout in space correct? Fallout is nothing like NMS.

Just because you can build bases and travel planet to planet doesn't mean its the exact same game lol ffs.

I have nothing against NMS, its evolve to be a good game however showing clips of things you can do in NMS and comparing them to SF is misleading. StarField is an RPG. The gameplay, combat, objectives, hand crafted worlds, NPCs and Lore etc are all completely different to what NMS offers where as Star Citizen offers similar attributes and Gameplay. 

Star Citizen being a scam has zero to do with the point being made. The demo exists, the website and community exists. You can play it right now if you have a decent PC.

If anything, NMS is a poor mans Star Citizen while Star Field seems to fit in between them both.