By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Personal 5R coming to SX, PS5, PS4, NS & PC this Oct. P3P and P4G to be released later.

Well there they are. I keep hearing these games are good but I don't know... Everything I see about them looks stupid to me. Would you guys say I will like them even if I don't really like anime? Do they include stupid stuff like bitchy girls or people tripping into each other and landing in awkward positions?

Around the Network
Hiku said:

Better late than never. I hope the people who were interested in the games but haven't played them yet pick them up now.
Though be warned that the P3P version they chose (instead of the PS2 version) has a point-and-click system.

Kneetos said:

But. But. The switch can't run persona 5!

I don't know that anyone on VGC made that claim. And if they did, tag them. Call them out on it.

It's not productive to use silly comments that may have been said outside of the forum as an excuse to come at this community with an attitude.
If you specify that you're referring to ppl outside of the forum, then that would be fine.

Just be more clear in the future please, as you've done this sort of thing in a number of threads now.

Apologies

I am apart of so many gaming sites sometimes they blur together a bit, I'll try to be more aware in the future

Persona 5 Royal is going to be a huge release this fall for Xbox Series. I sold my PS4 before I got a chance to play any Persona. This is like a new release for most Xbox owners and it's coming to Game Pass. Switch release at lower resolution, slower frame rate; long load time and probably a $79.99 price tag make it a very bad offer just to have the game portable.

Switch is really missing out on PS5 & Xbox Series next gen enhancement that will make it the best version of Persona 5 royal on console.

SanAndreasX said:
Hiku said:

Better late than never. I hope the people who were interested in the games but haven't played them yet pick them up now.
Though be warned that the P3P version they chose (instead of the PS2 version) has a point-and-click system.

I don't know that anyone on VGC made that claim. And if they did, tag them. Call them out on it.

It's not productive to use silly comments that may have been said outside of the forum as an excuse to come at this community with an attitude.
If you specify that you're referring to ppl outside of the forum, then that would be fine.

Just be more clear in the future please, as you've done this sort of thing in a number of threads now.

I'm picking up all three. One thing I'm not sure of is if any of the three will be available on cartridge or if they'll all be digital only. I've read P3 and P4 will be digital-only, at least. I'd pay a little extra for a cartridge compilation of 3 and 4. 

As far as P3P, I'll take the tradeoffs of being able to control all party members and the female protagonist. It would be cool if they'd integrate P3P's improvements with FES and create a Persona 3 Complete version, but Sega isn't going to be arsed to do that much.

I haven't seen anybody on this forum say P5 can't run on Switch, but I've seen a lot of it on FB and on other gaming forums. Which makes me roll my eyes. P5 wasn't exactly a system-sweating title on PS3, which is the platform it was originally made for.

Which makes we think when do Atlus plan to release P6 which already skipped like 1.5 gen =p

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

yvanjean said:

Persona 5 Royal is going to be a huge release this fall for Xbox Series. I sold my PS4 before I got a chance to play any Persona. This is like a new release for most Xbox owners and it's coming to Game Pass. Switch release at lower resolution, slower frame rate; long load time and probably a $79.99 price tag make it a very bad offer just to have the game portable.

Switch is really missing out on PS5 & Xbox Series next gen enhancement that will make it the best version of Persona 5 royal on console.

Comparing Switch to Series and PS5 is kinda pointless.

And it is hard to say it is a major release, same with Yakuza. Hardly people will buy the console to play titles that were available in other platform for several years, if they wanted to play those games they would have either bought on the PS or buy the console that play those games PS again.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

Around the Network
DonFerrari said:
SanAndreasX said:

I'm picking up all three. One thing I'm not sure of is if any of the three will be available on cartridge or if they'll all be digital only. I've read P3 and P4 will be digital-only, at least. I'd pay a little extra for a cartridge compilation of 3 and 4. 

As far as P3P, I'll take the tradeoffs of being able to control all party members and the female protagonist. It would be cool if they'd integrate P3P's improvements with FES and create a Persona 3 Complete version, but Sega isn't going to be arsed to do that much.

I haven't seen anybody on this forum say P5 can't run on Switch, but I've seen a lot of it on FB and on other gaming forums. Which makes me roll my eyes. P5 wasn't exactly a system-sweating title on PS3, which is the platform it was originally made for.

Which makes we think when do Atlus plan to release P6 which already skipped like 1.5 gen =p

Late PS5 lifecycle? Maybe on whatever Switch's successor ends up being? Atlus has been kind of late to the party on every generation. Even Persona 3 came out on PS2 only about 4 months before the PS3 launched. 

SanAndreasX said:
DonFerrari said:

Late PS5 lifecycle? Maybe on whatever Switch's successor ends up being? Atlus has been kind of late to the party on every generation. Even Persona 3 came out on PS2 only about 4 months before the PS3 launched. 

True, P5 launched near PS3 end if I'm not wrong.

Hiku said:
DonFerrari said:

True, P5 launched near PS3 end if I'm not wrong.

PS4 had already been out for 2 years when P5 launched, so Atlus essentially skipped that generation, while it was ongoing.

True, I played it on PS4 if I'm not wrong. And was like within one year of launch of the game.

Hiku said:
yvanjean said:

Tbf I think 30fps is fine for these games (aside from Strikers) since they are turn based rpgs.
And while I got a PS4 when I did to get the better version of P5, people who have never played the series are unlikely to buy a new console just for that.

I was more talking about how big this is for the current Xbox crowd; Persona 5 royal is going to be one of the top 10 rated games on Xbox Series for year to come. Just like the entire Yakuza series getting added last year this fill a missing hole for Xbox crowd. Sure people won't be picking up a console just for this game since there is so much they can play this generation that it's only going to be added benefit of getting the console.