By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Mario & Sonic passes SMG in Others??????

Mario & Sonic: at the Olympic Games - 2,021,394

Super Mario Galaxy - 2,019,299

How is this possible? I've heard that M&S is a good game, but SMG is amazing. What the hell is going on in Europe that they buy a decent game instead of the second best game ever?

Also, M&S WW is at 3.99 Million with the Wii version only. Once North American sales are posted it should break 4 million. Sega thought Wii + DS versions would break 4 million combined. They could have never predicted these kind of sales. 

^Guy pissing on Microsoft Sign

UBISOFT BOYCOTT

Around the Network

yeah
SMG doesn't seem to appeal to many ppl there. Maybe because the Olympics are being held there?

Olympics are in China not Europe this year.

^Guy pissing on Microsoft Sign

UBISOFT BOYCOTT

I thought Sega were smoking crack when they said they expected to sell 4 million on Wii and DS combined. Considering the game should get a boost when the Olympics comes around it is scary to think how much the game will sell life time. And if Sega had bothered to include online in the game it would probably have sold like 50% more than it has and would have ended up with life time sales close to that of Mario Kart Wii.

Biggest Pikmin Fan on VGChartz I was chosen by default due to voting irregularities

Super Smash Brawl Code 1762-4158-5677 Send me a message if you want to receive a beat down

There seem to be more casual gamers in Europe than in America, other games like Imagine Babiez and many others are selling very well in Europe alone

Around the Network

Hehe with all the coverage the protests are getting it's pretty funny somebody thought the Olympics were in Europe.

I was going to buy this game, i know it's rubbish but there is something about it.

I don't even own SMG.

edit: not quite rubbish, just an ok game i guess. I even felt bad for calling it that. 

Two words: Social gaming.

I was thinking about buying it to play at gatherings like Wii sports/play. But i would have to get it off Ebay for sub$30

The Olympics in general are far more popular in Europe than in the US. Ironic since the US tends to bring home far more medals than any European country.