By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Stranger Things S4 | OT | Discussion Thread

TallSilhouette said:

What a finale!

Spoiler!
Final episode was a bit long and loose, but had a lot of good moments, too. Master of Puppets was pretty sweet. Poor Eddie and Max. I wonder what's going to happen to her. Is she still blind? Will she make a full recovery? Will she remain changed and connected to the Upside Down like Will? Speaking of, is he going to come out and express his feelings? Who's Nancy gonna choose? GAH!!!

Can't wait for the final season! Hope it doesn't take as long as this one did. Gonna be epic!

@bold: that was epic!

Around the Network
shikamaru317 said:

Great season, shame that insiders are saying season 5 won't release until 2024, that is such a long wait. They had originally planned to film 4 and 5 back to back, which would have allowed them to finish post-production and release season 5 by Q2 2023 at the latest, but Covid didn't allow filming 4 and 5 back to back, and season 5 filming has still not begun even now 10 months after season 4 finished filming. This late filming is definitely going to cause even more character aging issues than we already had. Erica is supposed to be 11 in season 4, but Priah was already 14 when season 4 filmed, and it's looking like she will be 16 by the time season 5 films, even though season 5 is looking like it will be set almost immediately after season 4, meaning we will have a 16yo playing an 11-12 yo in season 5, which is going to be far more noticeable than 18-21yo's playing high school freshmen with the older kids. 

Sounds like BS to me, they haven’t even started writing season 5, they’re starting this August. So how the hell were they going to film back to back lol. They’ve also confirmed another time jump and I may be mistaken but i’m pretty sure they said it’s going to be a bigger one then normal. Definitely a 2024 release just based on them confirming they’re only starting to write in August lol.

RetroGamer94 said:
shikamaru317 said:

Great season, shame that insiders are saying season 5 won't release until 2024, that is such a long wait. They had originally planned to film 4 and 5 back to back, which would have allowed them to finish post-production and release season 5 by Q2 2023 at the latest, but Covid didn't allow filming 4 and 5 back to back, and season 5 filming has still not begun even now 10 months after season 4 finished filming. This late filming is definitely going to cause even more character aging issues than we already had. Erica is supposed to be 11 in season 4, but Priah was already 14 when season 4 filmed, and it's looking like she will be 16 by the time season 5 films, even though season 5 is looking like it will be set almost immediately after season 4, meaning we will have a 16yo playing an 11-12 yo in season 5, which is going to be far more noticeable than 18-21yo's playing high school freshmen with the older kids. 

Sounds like BS to me, they haven’t even started writing season 5, they’re starting this August. So how the hell were they going to film back to back lol. They’ve also confirmed another time jump and I may be mistaken but i’m pretty sure they said it’s going to be a bigger one then normal. Definitely a 2024 release just based on them confirming they’re only starting to write in August lol.

A time jump would be weird with how the season ended.

Spoiler!
Ominous upside down "snow" is covering Hawkins, Vecna is wounded but still alive, a storm is coming in...[cut] TWO YEARS LATER...
Last edited by TruckOSaurus - on 05 July 2022

Signature goes here!

RetroGamer94 said:
shikamaru317 said:

The Duffer Brothers said it in an interview recently, that they originally planned to film 4 and 5 back to back but weren't able to due to Covid and the sheer scope of season 4 and 5. 

As for the time jump. Duffer Brothers apparently did confirm in another recent interview than 4 and 5 will have a time jump between them, but that is really strange to me considering the ending of season 4, the crack was clearly opening quite quickly at the end of 4, I don't see how they can have like a 8 month-1 year gap like some of the earlier seasons had with the crack there.

Yeah, the fact that they haven't even started writing 5 yet in the 10 months since season 4 filming ended, tells me 2024 release, possibly even late 2024 release. Writing will take from August 2022-March or April 2023 going by how long the writing took for earlier seasons. Filming will take another 6 months or so after that, then another 6 months or so of post-production, editing and CGI and such. Priah is going to be like 16 and a half by the time they film season 5 at this point, and she is will be playing a character that is 12yo at most in season 5 (Erica is 11 yo in season 4, so even with a 1 year time jump the character will only be 12yo) xD

Last edited by shikamaru317 - on 05 July 2022

Having finished it, this was the best season to date in my opinion.
My only issue was that after an epic peak the final episode's extended outro felt like a bit anticlimactic.
Still, I loved the way it tied everything so far neatly together and I can't wait to see where we go from here.

Bet with Liquidlaser: I say PS5 and Xbox Series will sell more than 56 million combined by the end of 2023. (And over 130 million lifetime)

Around the Network

Definitely much better than S3, but the first one is still my favorite.

The final episode could have used some cuts and the turning point is an overused mechanic, but still well executed. It looked great, sounded great, tied everything together and has me looking forward to the final season, so it checked all the boxes.