By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Stranger Things S4 | OT | Discussion Thread

It's crazy how popular the show is and how it allowed Kate Bush to reach number 1 in the UK charts 37 years after the release of Running Up That Hill.

Signature goes here!

Around the Network

Agreed, season 4 really nails it. Mostly because it does everything lol. The Russian stuff is a bit cringe as well as the D&D witch hunt but they keep it fun and lighthearted. The characters are great and the institute sections are awesome. Giving me a bit of Beyond the black rainbow vibes.

I am glad this show is ending in such a great season. The last epiaode was amazing

ClassicGamingWizzz said:

I am glad this show is ending in such a great season. The last epiaode was amazing

This isn't the final season, Season 5 is.

Ryuu96 said:
ClassicGamingWizzz said:

What ? I was thinking this would end in the final two episodes that will release next month...

Around the Network
ClassicGamingWizzz said:
Ryuu96 said:

What ? I was thinking this would end in the final two episodes that will release next month...

Nah Season 5 was confirmed back in Feb, Season 4 was split into two parts due to production issues, the final two episodes are just the end of season 4.

I really hope they manage to finish the show on a strong note, so many excellent shows finish on weak seasons; Killing Eve and Lucifer to name some recent examples.

Bet with Liquidlaser: I say PS5 and Xbox Series will sell more than 56 million combined by the end of 2023. (And over 130 million lifetime)

I had not seen this thread. Finished the first part and found it enjoyable. Max arch was very, very good and the RPG guy is fun.

Spoiler!
And the very presence of Freddy Kruger both on screen and as an actor is fan service done right.

For the negatives, I didn't care much

Spoiler!
for their bringing back Papa,

and El's arch is only really cool when they reveal what pretty much everyone should have already guessed by then. And I just miss the silly nonsense humor that we got in Season 3. This one is very dark and serious. It seems to be some kind of a trend, for even The Orville is very serious now.

What a finale!

Spoiler!
Final episode was a bit long and loose, but had a lot of good moments, too. Master of Puppets was pretty sweet. Poor Eddie and Max. I wonder what's going to happen to her. Is she still blind? Will she make a full recovery? Will she remain changed and connected to the Upside Down like Will? Speaking of, is he going to come out and express his feelings? Who's Nancy gonna choose? GAH!!!

Can't wait for the final season! Hope it doesn't take as long as this one did. Gonna be epic!

Great season, shame that insiders are saying season 5 won't release until 2024, that is such a long wait. They had originally planned to film 4 and 5 back to back, which would have allowed them to finish post-production and release season 5 by Q2 2023 at the latest, but Covid didn't allow filming 4 and 5 back to back, and season 5 filming has still not begun even now 10 months after season 4 finished filming. This late filming is definitely going to cause even more character aging issues than we already had. Erica is supposed to be 11 in season 4, but Priah was already 14 when season 4 filmed, and it's looking like she will be 16 by the time season 5 films, even though season 5 is looking like it will be set almost immediately after season 4, meaning we will have a 16yo playing an 11-12 yo in season 5, which is going to be far more noticeable than 18-21yo's playing high school freshmen with the older kids. 

Last edited by shikamaru317 - on 04 July 2022