By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Stranger Things S4 | OT | Discussion Thread

Ka-pi96 said:
Ryuu96 said:

Season 5 is the final season. This is part 1 of S4 and part 2 is in July with the final two episodes of this season.

Well that's so much worse! Why hold back just 2 episodes? I thought it was going to be half and half, so seeing 7 in the first part I was looking forward to another 7

They're probably trying to keep the hype up as long as possible.

I'm only at episode 2, so if I space it out a bit I won't even notice there was a gap in the release.

Looks pretty okay so far.

But is it just me, or is Jonathan behaving and feeling quite different from the previous seasons?

Need something off Play-Asia? http://www.play-asia.com/

Around the Network

Loved it so much. The last two episodes are a combined 4 hours so, there’s still a lot left. Very excited

[Switch Friend code: 3909-3991-4970]

[Xbox Live: JissuWolfe]

[PSN: Jissu]

The plot really thickens in later episodes. Dear Billy had me on the edge of my seat. Dustin and Murray for S4 MVP's, lol. Eager to finish the season.

Ryuu96 said:
TallSilhouette said:

The plot really thickens in later episodes. Dear Billy had me on the edge of my seat. Dustin and Murray for S4 MVP's, lol. Eager to finish the season.

Episode 4 Spoilers.

Spoiler!

Sadie Sink became the best of the child actors for me, hope she has a good career, one of the best scenes across the entire series and most well acted, I didn't think she was going to be killed off at first, I was like, no way, they aren't going to kill her, then when that flashback sequence played I for a minute thought "oh shit, they're actually going to do it, no!"  

I'm glad they didn't, it was a beautiful metaphor for depression and surviving it.

Hope they don't kill off any characters Tbh. Not every show needs a death.

Spoiler!

Yeah, that scene immediately went into my Favorite Scenes playlist. Perhaps the best of the series. I went through the same back and forth as to whether or not they were actually going to kill her off. The final lingering shot of her running toward camera totally felt like they were setting up a sudden death just short of salvation. Beautifully done.

MY FINGERS ARE LIKE ARROWS! MY ARMS LIKE IRON! MY FEET LIKE SPEARS!

Spoiler!

Around the Network
Ryuu96 said:

Another brilliant new character.

Indeed.

Spoiler!
I'm wondering when that scene of him shredding in the upside down is coming. Will it be to save Nancy, bait Vecna out, or something else?

I didn't realize

Spoiler!
One, Vecna, AND Vecna's voice

were all the same actor. What a performance! That's Emmy level stuff.

Spoiler!

Just finished Part One at long last.

Holy moly what a wild ride. So many shows lose their mojo as they go and it's so gratifying to see Stranger Things slapping as hard as ever 4 seasons in.

For me it's a near perfect blend of serious darkness and entertaining cheese. The characters and actors are likeable as ever, the sense of time and place in impeccable, the final twist that ties the new villain into the origins of not just the program that created eleven but the connection between Earth and the Upside Down is cool as hell, and Max escaping Vecna to Running Up That Hill is some of the most dopamine-inducing television I have seen in a long, long time

Overall, if it can reach a climax worthy of the setup, this might just be my favourite season so far. The long wait has so far been worth it.

It's crazy how popular the show is and how it allowed Kate Bush to reach number 1 in the UK charts 37 years after the release of Running Up That Hill.

Signature goes here!

Agreed, season 4 really nails it. Mostly because it does everything lol. The Russian stuff is a bit cringe as well as the D&D witch hunt but they keep it fun and lighthearted. The characters are great and the institute sections are awesome. Giving me a bit of Beyond the black rainbow vibes.