By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PS5, Xbox Series X|S, and Switch Sales Drop - Global Hardware May 1-7

trunkswd said:

Sales for week ending May 14 isn't going to be pretty for PS5.

The data we have is showing there was next to no stock for the PS5 and Series X in the US. Series S being readily available will keep Xbox Series sales from dropping a ton in the US.

In Japan, Famitsu shows PS5 sold just 2,693 units, while Xbox Series X|S sold 6,225 units.

On the Swiss charts it shows GT7 fall from 6th to 9th and Horizon: Forbidden West fell out of the top 10 all together. That usually signals less PS5 stock for the week.

ON the UK charts there was no mention on PS5 stock, which isn't a great sign as in the previous few weeks when there was good stock, Chris at GamesIndustry made a note of that. However, Horizon Forbidden West did remain in 3rd place for the week.

This sounds interesting. Worst week yet for the PS5 ? I am betting under 100k then! Wasn't there betting topic for every single coming week before? or am I mistaken ?

P.S. it seems the Series S will really make a difference for the XBOX brand this gen.

Last edited by yo33331 - on 19 May 2022

Around the Network
yo33331 said:
trunkswd said:

Sales for week ending May 14 isn't going to be pretty for PS5.

The data we have is showing there was next to no stock for the PS5 and Series X in the US. Series S being readily available will keep Xbox Series sales from dropping a ton in the US.

In Japan, Famitsu shows PS5 sold just 2,693 units, while Xbox Series X|S sold 6,225 units.

On the Swiss charts it shows GT7 fall from 6th to 9th and Horizon: Forbidden West fell out of the top 10 all together. That usually signals less PS5 stock for the week.

ON the UK charts there was no mention on PS5 stock, which isn't a great sign as in the previous few weeks when there was good stock, Chris at GamesIndustry made a note of that. However, Horizon Forbidden West did remain in 3rd place for the week.

This sounds interesting. Worst week yet for the PS5 ? I am betting under 100k then! Wasn't there betting topic for every single coming week before? or am I mistaken ?

P.S. it seems the Series S will really make a difference for the XBOX brand this gen.

Series S being readily available keeps the Xbox Series from having a truly terrible week. Once the Spain hardware figures come out it will give a much better idea for Europe figures.



VGChartz Sales Analyst and Writer - William D'Angelo - I stream on Twitch and have my own YouTubeFollow me on Twitter @TrunksWD.

Writer of the Sales Comparison | Weekly Hardware Breakdown Top 10 | Weekly Sales Analysis | Marketshare Features, as well as daily news on the Video Game Industry.

Sounds like next week is gonna be interesting.
Any idea when it will be posted?



Bet with Liquidlaser: I say PS5 and Xbox Series will sell more than 56 million combined by the end of 2023.

curl-6 said:

Sounds like next week is gonna be interesting.
Any idea when it will be posted?

Likely the usual Monday. Well Monday for me in the US. It might be Tuesday for you. 



VGChartz Sales Analyst and Writer - William D'Angelo - I stream on Twitch and have my own YouTubeFollow me on Twitter @TrunksWD.

Writer of the Sales Comparison | Weekly Hardware Breakdown Top 10 | Weekly Sales Analysis | Marketshare Features, as well as daily news on the Video Game Industry.

https://comicbook.com/gaming/news/nintendo-console-new-release-date/



Around the Network

Playstation 5 will hit 20 million soon.

yo33331 said:

https://comicbook.com/gaming/news/nintendo-console-new-release-date/

That looks more like a guess. But I can see the rumors about the Switch successor getting more intense later this year.



I have a Youtube channel... A Twitter, and... Yeah.

Alex_The_Hedgehog said:

That looks more like a guess. But I can see the rumors about the Switch successor getting more intense later this year.

I would put something like 30% chance for releasing switch successor in 2023, 50% for 2024 and 20% for 2025.



yo33331 said:

https://comicbook.com/gaming/news/nintendo-console-new-release-date/

Why did you post a week old article about a wild guess that some analyst company did?



A 2024 release date for Switch 2 would be perfect for me.
That's long enough for the system to live out its full potential and hopefully reach the #1 system of all time in my book, and by then I should be ready to move on to something new.



Bet with Liquidlaser: I say PS5 and Xbox Series will sell more than 56 million combined by the end of 2023.

From that article

"Ampere is currently forecasting a next-gen Nintendo device to release in 2024," he said. "By the end of that year Switch is predicted to have sold through 146m units meaning it still has the potential to become the best-selling console ever by the end of its lifetime, selling over 158 million units and overtaking the PlayStation 2."

So Switch 2 in 2024 confirmed and Switch 1 best selling video game console of all times confirmed?