By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - If Sony buys Square Enix, will there be hope for another LoD?

Tagged games:

So...

Nah, they hate it! 7 15.56%

No, FF > LoD 6 13.33%

No, because of you 7 15.56%

Maybe, SE can try it 1 2.22%

Maybe, just... maybe 2 4.44%

Yes, because of you 5 11.11%

Yes, LoD > FF 3 6.67%

Yeah, they will! 2 4.44%

What is a LoD? 4 8.89%

Rather see Knack 3 by Square 8 17.78%

Total:45

Higher chance for a new Arc the Lad game.

Around the Network
BraLoD said:

Smelly bird would you not buy a LoD remake if it was available on steam?

Sure I would, I would even buy it on PS4 or PS5....but we all know that wont ever happen either :p

Basil's YouTube Channel

twintail said:
hinch said:

Do respect the energy though, keep the flame going dude lol. Happy to eat crow if by some miracle it does happen.

I'll say this much: if LoD appears on PS+ I'll think about playing it. 

If Sony does remaster/ remake it: I'll probably buy it because of BraLoD's dedication!

Hopefully it'll appear on the new PS+ format, sadly you'll have to have premium to play it even if it does =/

hinch said:
twintail said:

I'll say this much: if LoD appears on PS+ I'll think about playing it. 

If Sony does remaster/ remake it: I'll probably buy it because of BraLoD's dedication!

Lol yeah, same.

Never got around to playing it on the PS1. Might have to see what the fuss is all about on this one, should it ever release/re-release on modern platforms. Upscaling is pretty good nowadays, even for old 2D games and art.

I mean check this mode of from out from a fan made community from 'The Legend of the Dragoon Project'. Its done through Ai training and upscaling -

https://legendofdragoon.org/2021/01/01/upscale-project-debut/

Look at this pre rendered background greatness!

Bale sure is beautiful, I can hear its soundtrack just by looking at the picture xD

BasilZero said:
BraLoD said:

Smelly bird would you not buy a LoD remake if it was available on steam?

Sure I would, I would even buy it on PS4 or PS5....but we all know that wont ever happen either :p

Someday it will... someday...

Around the Network
CGI-Quality said:
Robert_Downey_Jr. said:

Yes and Sony used to get all the activision and Bethesda games and they sold twice as much on Sony consoles and now they never will again unless Xbox says so.  If they don't get them MS likely will and same goes for everyone else at this point.  MS has shown they want it all and are trying to make Sony irrelevant and go out of business so Sony must buy some before they lose every prominent previously third party franchise.

Nah. Microsoft won’t, and can’t, have it all. They’ve also made less acquisitions than Sony. 

How can that be true?  Are you counting publishers and all their various studios under them as one acquisition?  Microsoft buying one Activision is more than Sony buying insomniac, haven, housemarq, and bluepoint and it's not even close to same 

I am Iron Man

Robert_Downey_Jr. said:
CGI-Quality said:

Nah. Microsoft won’t, and can’t, have it all. They’ve also made less acquisitions than Sony. 

How can that be true?  Are you counting publishers and all their various studios under them as one acquisition?  Microsoft buying one Activision is more than Sony buying insomniac, haven, housemarq, and bluepoint and it's not even close to same 

Sony has made more individual acquisitions than Microsoft in the 9th gen. You’re counting studios gained. The Activision acquisition, for example, was still one acquisition, despite the studio count.

CGI-Quality said:
Robert_Downey_Jr. said:

Sony has made more individual acquisitions than Microsoft in the 9th gen. You’re counting studios gained. The Activision acquisition, for example, was still one acquisition, despite the studio count.

You also need to include the size of an acquisition, if you say party has made more acquisitions, so it's still party B it's turn. Otherwise you would make the argument that Bluepoint acquisition is as significant as say the acquisition of Bethesda.

Please excuse my (probally) poor grammar

CGI-Quality said:
Robert_Downey_Jr. said:

The number of acquisitions doesn't matter in the slightest when you look at the size of things they're acquiring and quite frankly it's deceptive to try to phrase it a specific way to make it sound different.  Activision is bigger than all of PS' acquisitions by a long shot.  

I am Iron Man

Qwark said:
CGI-Quality said:

You also need to include the size of an acquisition, if you say party has made more acquisitions, so it's still party B it's turn. Otherwise you would make the argument that Bluepoint acquisition is as significant as say the acquisition of Bethesda.

The size will only matter when new and Xbox/PC exclusive, games release and are large hits. In fact, until COD is exclusive, the Activision acquisition will remain largely inconsequential. But, all of  that really has nothing to do with what my overall point.

The point was despite who has more money, companies with less are out there making moves. One of them will never “have it all”.

Last edited by CGI-Quality - on 15 May 2022