By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - What Metroid 64 Could've Looked Like

Nevermind.

Around the Network

"Enjoy it before Nintendo's bullshit takes it down like everything else that's fab made for free"

How dare Nintendo act like metroid is thier intellectual property!!!

Chrkeller said:

"Enjoy it before Nintendo's bullshit takes it down like everything else that's fab made for free"

How dare Nintendo act like metroid is thier intellectual property!!!

What I find the funniest is that everyone knows what the result in any fan made nintendo/pokemon IP will be, but they still do it, only to get mad when nintendo does the thing they are known for

Why don't we get a fan made project of what playstation all-stars battle royal could have been if it was a street fighter or dissidia final fantasy like game instead of a smash bros like game

In fact if playstation all stars was a dissidia like game I would buy it on ps4 and pc in a heaetbeat

I'm sure Sony wouldn't mind :V

Looks inspired by gunvalkryie

CaptainExplosion said:

Fans made their own playable demo of what Metroid 64 could've looked like.

Enjoy it before Nintendo's bullshit takes it down like everything else that's fab made for free 

Look at this point, everyone knows what the deal is. If you want to do Nintendo fan project and you want it completed. You show it off when it's done. Upload it to the internet and then the toothpaste can't be stuck back in the tube. Showing it off early get's you a C&D, this a known. If you know something is going to happen and you do it anyway, it's on you.

Around the Network

CaptainExplosion said:

Oh, I'm sorry, I didn't realize ruining people's lives over copyright infringement was acceptable.

Don’t be so dramatic, nobody’s life is ruined because of this.

CaptainExplosion said:
abronn627 said:

Don’t be so dramatic, nobody’s life is ruined because of this.

But it has been for less than this. Don't forget what Nintendo did to people over ROM sites.

Even if ROM distribution is free, a ROM site can be monetized with traffic. So they’re going against people doing distribution for something they don’t own, not the people owning said ROM copy, I don’t see the problem here.

CaptainExplosion said:

Oh, I'm sorry, I didn't realize ruining people's lives over copyright infringement was acceptable.

It's a C&D. Remove the content, everything is fine. The only reason you'd be legitimately sued for something like this is if you didn't remove the content and tried to sell it. In which case, that's on you. 

Nobody's life is being ruined by a C&D from Nintendo. 

CaptainExplosion said:

But it has been for less than this. Don't forget what Nintendo did to people over ROM sites.

I think that the distribution of ROMs is MORE than this regarding copyright infringement. ROMs are legitimate games that you are supposed to pay for. ROM's are only legal when you make your own copy of a game that you own. ROM sites allow anyone to download games that they may or may not own.

No one with legitimate copies of these games needs a ROM site, so the people getting upset are most often people who don't own legitimate copies of the games. This isn't even getting into the discussion of many ROM sites utilizing payment systems and advertisements, therefore receiving monetary compensation off another's work without paying a portion of said compensation to the owner. 

CaptainExplosion said:

Yeah you can miss with this take. I save my sympathy for people that get their lives ruined over things they didn't do. Not people that have seen 30 years of what happens you try to use Nintendo's IP without permission and do it anyway.