By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Bandai Namco puts up job listings for a remaster/remake of a Nintendo "3d Action Game"

No remasters, please. And remakes better be older games, so old that the remake feels like a brand new game, like Link's Awakening felt or WWHD.

Around the Network
S.Peelman said:

Ocarina of Time Final Fantasy VIIR type remake. Yes.

I want me some atrocious voice acting in my OoT remake, too. 

It's Doshin the Giant, mark my words. 

My bet with The_Liquid_Laser: I think the Switch won't surpass the PS2 as the best selling system of all time. If it does, I'll play a game of a list that The_Liquid_Laser will provide, I will have to play it for 50 hours or complete it, whatever comes first. 

CaptainExplosion said:
deerox said:

It could be Xenosaga in cooperation with Monolith-Soft.

But Xenosaga wasn't by Nintendo. It just happens to be a predecessor to Xenoblade Chornicles, made by Monolith Soft, which is now a Nintendo subsidiary.

I know that. I just thought that Monolith-Soft still owned or co-owned the rights to Xenosaga and Baten Kaitos.

I so badly want Ocarina of Time (3DS version) in HD. I'm playing through OoT on NSO but it just has not aged well at all. I am craving the 3DS visual style, and gyro aiming.

If they remaster their Star Fox game, I'd be cool with that to. I missed out on the Gamecube.
Whatever it is. I'm excited.

1doesnotsimply

StarTropics, obviously.

Around the Network
CladInShadows said:

StarTropics, obviously.

That would be amazing!

DON'T WIN ME CHIBI BUDDY DON'T WIN ME.

ANIMAL CROSSING NEW LEAF FRIEND CODE:- 5129 1175 1029. MESSAGE ME.
ANDY MURRAY:- GRAND SLAM WINNER!

In my opinion the N64 was not just the best console of the 5th gen but, to this day the best console ever created!

I just really want them to focus their remakes on IP's they've kind of forgotten about. We don't need Mario or Zelda remakes. Remakes are a great way to test the ground to see if an older, abandoned IP could sell well if done in a quality way. When I say remakes, I mean from the ground up, with modern engines and modern quality cinematics/story/length, not just HD textures on an outdated game format with a short story. Potential remakes that could relaunch their series that I'd be excited about:

-Mother 3
-Star Fox (reboot the whole series, make it a 15-20 hour minimum campaign with crazy awesome visuals and explosive non-stop combat).
-Kid Icarus
-Golden Sun
-F-Zero
-Star Tropics
-Paper Mario original (so Nintendo can finally realize, based on great sales, what we PM fans want).

CaptainExplosion said:

Maybe it'll be one that none of use remember.

Mach Rider?

Thinking of what IPs Nintendo would be most likely to give to a third party like Bandai-Namco to remaster, my money would be on F-Zero. Their remaster-remakes of their more prominent series tend to be done either in-house or by a studio too closely aligned with Nintendo to be considered third-party like Grezzo. An HD remaster of a game like F-Zero GX, which was already developed by a third party, makes a lot of sense as long as Sega doesn't have very specific rights pertaining to rereleases. It's a game known for it's graphics and wouldn't need as much work as other games to look pretty good by Switch standards. A remaster to test the waters and see what sales could be for a new game also makes sense to me.

It could be Star Fox Assault (originally developed by Namco) or Kid Icarus Uprising.. hope it is the latter since Nintendo doesn't have the will to remaster it on its own. Sakurai said, some time ago, that a remaster would be quite demanding in terms of development resources. Given the fact that game also had a big online/multiplayer component, Bandai Namco could help a lot on that front while freeing internal Nintendo teams from the burden.