By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Xbox Series X|S Outsells PS5 Again - Global Hardware Mar 27-Apr 2

HoangNhatAnh said:
ConservagameR said:
HoangNhatAnh said:

I'm talking about Killzone and PS All Star, are you high or something? Also, talking about sales and revenue, Minecraft > Destiny 2.

If Minecraft and Destiny are being counted in this fashion, while being compared to the past:

Then while MS owns Halo, Sony made Halo?

I'm pretty sure Sony can do it again then.

Just like PS All Star vs Super Smash, we all knew the outsome. But yes, Sony can try and try again.

Sony knows what matters.

Around the Network
PotentHerbs said:

Also, while I didn't mention certain win conditions, it's not like I written off Xbox winning NA in my initial post, or even disagreed with the outcome of said exclusivity. Why are you so fixated on the comparison with the PS5 and PS2 in Japan? Even if I conceded on that point, and there may be a sliver of chance Xbox Series X/S wins NA similar to the seventh generation without Call of Duty exclusivity, its only slightly more possible than PS5 outselling the PS2 in Japan. Nothing about the comparison would be lopsided in any regard.

@bolded:  Because that was the entire reason for my initial post.  You're quoting my response in your "examples" of users who disagree with you, so I'm clearing up (once again) what I'm disagreeing with:  The ridiculous comparison. 

So, a popular brand in the US for three generations now, has only a "slightly more possible" chance of regaining its 7th gen glory in the US than the PS5 outselling the PS2 in Japan?  It would take a miracle for the PS5 to sell even half of what the PS2 sold when Playstation was king of consoles in Japan. Completely lopsided comparison.

Last edited by archbrix - on 19 April 2022

ConservagameR said:
HoangNhatAnh said:

Just like PS All Star vs Super Smash, we all knew the outsome. But yes, Sony can try and try again.

Sony knows what matters.

That's why they stopped after making PS All Star since they knew they stood no chance against Nintendo with the same type of games.

Welp... The worst was Faze. The og halo killer.

That was absolutely dreadful. I tried to like it so many times at my mates who was a Sony guy.. At the time... Who was convinced that it was halo but better.

He has since played halo. We still laugh his stupidity and faze to this day.

ironmanDX said:

That was absolutely dreadful. I tried to like it so many times at my mates who was a Sony guy.. At the time... Who was convinced that it was halo but better.

I remember Killzone on the PS2 being billed as a "Halo Killer" years before Haze.

Around the Network
curl-6 said:
ironmanDX said:

I remember Killzone on the PS2 being billed as a "Halo Killer" years before Haze.

Oh. I don't even remember hearing of a killzone before killzone 3 tbh so you're  right.

ironmanDX said:
curl-6 said:

Oh. I don't even remember hearing of a killzone before killzone 3 tbh so you're  right.

Yes, there were two Killzone games before Killzone 3.

Kakadu18 said:
ironmanDX said:

Yes, there were two Killzone games before Killzone 3.

Yes, in which I only discovered after hearing about the 3rd... Nor does killzone really take up much mind space for myself or the wider gaming community based on sales and review scores.

Shame I got the timing mixed up for another attempt at one company copying another and falling flat on it's face.... Yet again. 

I'd give you a gold star but Kakadu is rather far from Melbourne. Apologies for the delay. 

PotentHerbs said:
LudicrousSpeed said:

They’re anonymous likes. It could be one person with alt accounts. Do supporters get bonus thump ups on the forum like they do in articles? If so, could be literally two people. Either way, what you said was nonsense and you have no evidence to back it up. 

You can't prove that those likes are from alt accounts either. This is currently one of the most active threads on VGChartz. These likes being from a variety of different users isn't exactly a far fetched theory. And no, if these likes are from different posters, which would be representative of thread sentiment, its all the evidence needed to prove my original point. 

I sure can’t prove that they are alts, just like you can’t prove they are seven different people, or that they are seven people participating in this thread. The difference is you’re the one making statements about the beliefs of users here based on anonymous, irrelevant forum likes.

For example there’s a news article about Microsoft putting non-gameplay affecting ads in free to play games. Someone posted saying it’s fine for free to play but it should never come to paid games. That comment has like 15 dislikes right now. I guess that means I can say a ton of users on teh Chartz wants ads in their $60-70 games and they want the ads to interrupt gameplay. I arrive at that conclusion because of irrelevant and anonymous dislikes. 

Again, riveting. 

LudicrousSpeed said:

I sure can’t prove that they are alts, just like you can’t prove they are seven different people, or that they are seven people participating in this thread. The difference is you’re the one making statements about the beliefs of users here based on anonymous, irrelevant forum likes.

For example there’s a news article about Microsoft putting non-gameplay affecting ads in free to play games. Someone posted saying it’s fine for free to play but it should never come to paid games. That comment has like 15 dislikes right now. I guess that means I can say a ton of users on teh Chartz wants ads in their $60-70 games and they want the ads to interrupt gameplay. I arrive at that conclusion because of irrelevant and anonymous dislikes. 

Again, riveting. 

You could also interpret those dislikes as people not wanting ads in their free to play games whatsoever. Which, based on the general conversation on different forums like Era or Reddit, is a widely popular opinion. If those 15 people agreed with having ads in F2P but not in paid games, they would like the post, rather than downvote.

It's simple stuff, really.