By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Uncharted 1 - a pleasant surprise for me

I started with Uncharted 2 in 2012 and was disappointed in 3 in 2013 due to its hectic pacing and decided to skip 1 since everyone says it's the worst one. Low and behold it is my second favorite Uncharted now and here is why:

- the pacing is as good as in 2, if not better?

- there is less walking and climbing than in 2-3-4 (god damn 4!)

- the combat is less annoying than in 2-3

- it is shorter and sweeter than 3-4

My Etsy store

My Ebay store

Deus Ex (2000) - a game that pushes the boundaries of what the video game medium is capable of to a degree unmatched to this very day.

Around the Network

Honestly, they're all pretty interchangeable to me. If you mentioned a part of a game, I couldn't tell you which one it was from.

Funny i used to have Uncharted: The Nathan Drake Collection then traded off for.... Uncharted: Nathan's Fortune Remastered, a standalone physical game.

I finished 2, 3 and 4, but i will never ever play them again because of slow introduction, argh i'm such a horrible impatient person lol.

If they ever remaster an Uncharted game the 1st one would be the game to do so. It's the roughest graphically and gameplay wise but I enjoyed the story quite a bit and the pacing. 2 is my favorite by a mile, followed by 4, LL, than 1, and 3. 4, LL and 1 are all pretty close for me, something about 3 was just off for me.

I thought the pacing of 1 was easily the worst in the series. It starts out pretty well and balanced between combat, story, and puzzles, but the last third of the game is just one combat encounter after another, and with the worst combat gameplay in the whole series it gets old really quickly. It's still a pretty good game, but I think the later games improved on it in pretty much every way.

Around the Network

For me 1 and lost legacy was the best followed by 3. 4 for me was the worst as it was far too long of a game. It was definitely eye candy though.

1 and 4 was the best because it focussed more of exploration, platforming and solving puzzles which is what i liked best of the uncharted series! 2 and 4 had far too many action scenes as u see in big blockbuster movies, rather than puzzles and platforming and exploration

You're a better man than I. I beat the original on PS3 before it ever even had Trophy Support and it was a good time. A beautiful looking game but I could never complete it a second time.

I got the Naughty Dog collection and I've been trying to replay it ever since. It might even be in my sig right now. I wanna finish the entire trilogy but getting through Drake's Fortune has taken me YEARS! ? Losing all of my save data last year probably didn't help...

In order based on how I remember the experience, I'd say

1. Uncharted 2:  10/10 great game all around.

2. Uncharted 4: 9/10 beautiful game. Didn't really like the brother character. Not enough action.

3. Uncharted 3: 8/10 Didn't really gel together as a story but it was still fun 

4. Uncharted Lost Legacy: 8/10 Tried something different. I appreciate that. The last chapter was a ROLLERCOASTER RIDE!

5. Uncharted 1: 7/10 The one that started it all. A fine foundation.

6: Uncharted Whatever the Vita game was: 7/10 a surprisingly good yet forgettable game.

Last edited by d21lewis - on 10 April 2022