By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Sega fanbase doesn't want console maker to go 3rd party (Microsoft/Sony/Nintendo)

Nothing lasts forever I am afraid!

Personally I find it odd that people have such emotional attachment to these platforms, just play them, enjoy them, don't stress about the small things.
End of the day, we use these devices to be entertained... So a different brand/sticker isn't the end of the world in my opinion.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

Around the Network

I'm a diehard Nintendo fan boy to the extent that I actually bought (and enjoyed) the Wii U on launch day, so I'm probably biased, but I think Nintendo is the only company who innovates or differentiates their consoles from pcs (in ways that I care about), so I'd be disappointed if they stopped making consoles. Even as successful as the switch has been, and from a business stand point it males sense for their next console to just be an upgraded switch, I would be much more interested in seeing what other whacky things they've done R&D on.

I like it when my mom goes out of town because I get to sleep on her side of the bed. -William Montgomery

Traditional Hardware (ie ps and xbox) will inevitably reach its limitation. Those companies will become subscription services just like Netflix, but for games. Their consoles will be manufactured as non proprietary machines or simply high end TVs.

Virtual reality and portable systems will become the hardware from which gamers choose, as far as console wars. Until then, the big 3 will remain as long as no one bigger than Microsoft enters the market.

I don't mind who stays and goes, as long as having flourishes. When Sega died, I took it really badly. I think i stopped gaming for almost two years. I loved Sega over Nintendo because Sega invested in New IP's and did experimental games. If you loved gaming, for me, Sega was the company.

PlayStation is my new Sega. This is what they have consistently done since PS1 days. My greatest fear is, subscriptions will become a thing, big blockbuster games will start to due, GaaS will grow, lots of smaller games which will be cheaply made and pushed out will become the main thing, but since I'm 40, I hope when this happens, I'll have moved on from gaming. That for me is when gaming will no longer be a hobby of mine.

Well. The world will keep turning regardless.

Around the Network

I would love a next gen dreamcast 2. Imagine blue stinger next gen or illbleed 2 and sonoc adventures 3. Amazing potential. Sadly it won't happen

Wish Nintendo would go 3rd party. I want their games on PC.

Emotional attachment to a company is weird. Companies exist to make money, nothing more. We ought to stop viewing companies as if they were family.

Last edited by Chrkeller - on 09 April 2022

Sega were literally hurting financially for years from failure after failure and releasing bad games. It wasn't until they actually went 3rd party where they finally started making profit again. So Sega going 3rd Party actually helped them more than staying a console maker.

It is widely accepted that the best things to ever happen in videogame history is the creation of Chrono Trigger and Sega going third party.