By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Is free speech suppressed on the internet's main public squares

Yes 61 54.95%

No 46 41.44%

Undecided 4 3.60%

Total:111

On September 3, Musk shared a post from Carlson which included his interview with Darryl Cooper, a podcaster who hosts the history show Martyr Made. The pair discussed the Holocaust and events of World War II, with Cooper making comments that have been widely called out for appearing sympathetic towards Hitler.

In the now-deleted post, Musk wrote that the interview was, "Very interesting. Worth watching." He quickly received severe backlash along with Carlson, as Cooper claimed in the video that the Nazis did not intend to kill millions of people, but that they instead "ended up dead" because Hitler was unprepared for war.

When discussing World War II, Cooper said that Churchill was the "chief villain of the Second World War" and that he was "primarily responsible for that war becoming what it did, becoming something other than an invasion of Poland."

The interview has gained 21.3 million views, 37,000 likes, and 10,000 reposts on X and has been criticized by both liberals and conservatives. Former congresswoman Liz Cheney was among those who referred to it as "pro-Nazi propaganda."

Elon Musk Deletes Post Promoting Tucker Carlson Video Following Backlash - Newsweek

It's a real mystery why advertisers don't want to be associated with a site signal boosting Nazi propaganda.

Around the Network

Place your bets on how long before Musk is tweeting the Jewish deaths conspiracy theory talking point from Nazis.

"Twitter is Now X Nazi Central"

Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 04 September 2024

EricHiggin said:

Should be noted that he's constantly posting AI images of what he looked like 20 years ago.

Anyway, this genius lost 24 Billion dollars.

Last edited by Hiku - on 06 September 2024

If Larry Ellison and the house of Saud are losing money, this isn't necessarily a bad thing :D

I mean, I actually like Oracle, but Larry Ellison.... the guy is a massive cunt.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Hiku said:
EricHiggin said:

Should be noted that he's constantly posting AI images of what he looked like 20 years ago.

Anyway, this genius lost 24 Billion dollars.

Well, you could say it was a very efficient money reduction plan...

Around the Network

Jack Dorsey?..... JACK DORSEY?...........................................

EricHiggin said:

Kinda surprised he didn't take the opportunity to just leave Twitter behind after the big payout.

Hiku said:
EricHiggin said:

Kinda surprised he didn't take the opportunity to just leave Twitter behind after the big payout.

I guess he and everyone else wanted to be part of the X 'flight' and were ready for a possible RUD (Rapid Unscheduled Disassembly).

Did he really mean "let that sink in", or was he really saying everything was going to go, including the kitchen sink, along with billions?

Forbes Real Time Billionaires List - The World's Richest People

He's still number 1 by like a $50 billion gap, so he could probably care less, considering he thinks he's the "chief twit".

EricHiggin said:
Hiku said:

I guess he and everyone else wanted to be part of the X 'flight' and were ready for a possible RUD (Rapid Unscheduled Disassembly).

Did he really mean "let that sink in", or was he really saying everything was going to go, including the kitchen sink, along with billions?

He's still number 1 by like a $50 billion gap, so he could probably care less, considering he thinks he's the "chief twit".

He still needs to beg shady people/gouvernments to finance his purchases. That's the problem when you are so rich but not "cash rich".

He would need to sell big shares of his companies to really have that money but he can't because he obviously wants to stay the big guy in these companies.

So he prefers to fly to some guys who want to put woman in the kitchen 24/7 or who let thousands die just to build a few football stadiums to get money from them even if he's the guy who always tries to tell us how he cares for humanity.

Not that he's still damn rich but it's still not enough for guys like him...

crissindahouse said:
EricHiggin said:

He still needs to beg shady people/gouvernments to finance his purchases. That's the problem when you are so rich but not "cash rich".

He would need to sell big shares of his companies to really have that money but he can't because he obviously wants to stay the big guy in these companies.

So he prefers to fly to some guys who want to put woman in the kitchen 24/7 or who let thousands die just to build a few football stadiums to get money from them even if he's the guy who always tries to tell us how he cares for humanity.

Not that he's still damn rich but it's still not enough for guys like him...

If you're a bad guy do you really think you need to beg other shady bad guys for investments?

No individual has $40 billion in cash to make a purchase like that. Few mega corporations do, but you gunna tell me they're the good guys?

Why didn't some good individual (or rare business) do the right thing and get investments from other good entities to save Twitter from evil Elon?