By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - New Witcher Saga Announced (Unreal Engine 5)

Welcome back to 30 fps on next gen.

Around the Network

Witcher + Unreal Engine 5? Fuck yes! Say what you will about Cyberpunk/Witcher series but visually, they look amazing! Hype!

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Hoping we get a Ciri game at last.

Heard that the bulk of the TW3 team left CD, can anyone confirm that? Then CP2077 was a disaster. Let's hope this turns out better

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Random_Matt said:

Welcome back to 30 fps on next gen.

30fps was always going to be the default for next gen (truly next gen/not cross gen) open world games on console. 

But hopefully 60fps modes persisit, even if 1080p 

Around the Network

For PC people:

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Guesses on release year?

There was a 4 year gap between Witcher 2 and 3, I'm imagining this will be 4 years of full development too. So late 2025 or summer 2026 (assuming it began development properly last year)

Otter said:

Guesses on release year?

There was a 4 year gap between Witcher 2 and 3, I'm imagining this will be 4 years of full development too. So late 2025 or summer 2026 (assuming it began development properly last year)

Given that this is just the announcement of the engine they'll use for the game and that they've shown nothing, plus the numerous delays CDP is known for AND the terrible reception with Cyberpunk due to the poor state it was on release, I'd say that we'll see this game between 2028 and 2030.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

So by the time this releases people will be complaining it wasn't made with Unreal Engine 6, correct?

#stopannouncinggamesearly

JEMC said:
Otter said:

Guesses on release year?

Given that this is just the announcement of the engine they'll use for the game and that they've shown nothing, plus the numerous delays CDP is known for AND the terrible reception with Cyberpunk due to the poor state it was on release, I'd say that we'll see this game between 2028 and 2030.

Yeah, It's more likely that they'll actually have to take their time with this, as Witcher is their pride and joy, and fucking that up with crunch and rushed dev would be a colossal disaster for them. 2028 sounds more reasonable than 2025/6.

let's also hope they don't waste years hyping up a new Witcher game like they did with 2077, which they teased since 2012 all the way to 2020. Actually tease the game when it's at least 1 yr away from release (teasing a game years in advance is a sure fine way to kill my interest). 

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"