By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - New Witcher Saga Announced (Unreal Engine 5)

CGI-Quality said:

For those on PC, and a copy of Witcher III, check out the ReWorked HD mods. It's literally a game changer!

Apparently Halk was brought into the team last yr I believe, likely to cut down on the work for the next gen version of Witcher 3, by using his years worth of work put into those reworked textures.

I do hope they let him put in all the textures for that version, because the guy has done some stellar work since the game's release.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Around the Network

Nice. Not to be 'that guy' but these announcements always seem premature to me. I guess we'll see this game in 5+ years time.

Last edited by hinch - on 22 March 2022

shikamaru317 said:

I just realized that the teaser image they released has a Witcher medallion we have never seen before.

It's not the medallion of any Witcher school that exists as of the previous 3 Witcher games:

*snip*

As you can see, the medallion matches no known Witcher school. It looks kind of like the Cat school medallion, but the ears are longer kind of like a Lynx, maybe a Lynx school? Either way, the fact that the medallion doesn't seem to match any known Witcher school suggests one of two things: 1. The game is a prequel that takes place much earlier, and is focused on a character from one of the Witcher schools that goes extinct before the books and Witcher 1-3 are set (we know that several Witcher schools are extinct by the point the books and games are set), or 2. The game is set somewhere else in the world entirely from where the books and games are set, perhaps on a different continent, and is focused on a character from a Witcher school in this new area of the world. 

Nice catch!

Both theories could could work well, but I'd prefer the new continent, so we have new places, kingdoms or even races to discover. 

CGI-Quality said:

For those on PC, and a copy of Witcher III, check out the ReWorked HD mods. It's literally a game changer!

CDP has even posted an article at GOG with some mods for the game: https://www.gog.com/en/news/discover_intriguing_mods_for_the_witcher_3_wild_hunt

And PCGamer has a best Witcher 3 mods article worth checking: https://www.pcgamer.com/the-best-witcher-3-mods/

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

This is a bit of a copy-paste from one of my own tweets, but I think the move to UE5 is more a recruiting move than a technical one:

"Pretty sure The Witcher 4 being on UE5 is for recruiting purposes. ANYONE can take courses and learn UE5, but REDEngine would have to be trained internally after hiring. I think the move is more human related than tech: REDEngine makes FANTASTIC looking games. CP77 maxed is *fire emoji*"

And in a reply to someone:

"Yup! I've SEEN CP77 maxed out, it's easily up there amongst the best-looking games on the market. Part of that is because they implemented ray-tracing pretty well. But nowadays, there's more contract work/remote workers/etc. that requires instant work flow from anywhere"

I think this is so they can expand or contract workers and have them hit the ground running on the project.  This allows the workforce to be more fluid and keep the project moving along as well as bring in EXPERIENCED devs in the engine, something not possible on an internal engine requiring years of internal work across their games.

Check out my entertainment gaming channel!
^^/

Well, now we know some things from the game(s), like that they'll take place after the events of the original trilogy.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

Around the Network
hinch said:

Nice. Not to be 'that guy' but these announcements always seem premature to me. I guess we'll see this game in 5+ years time.

It's mainly for hiring purposes. Nothing like announcing a new game to a beloved franchise to get people to apply. 

Super excited about this announcement.