By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The "I can't believe I didn't play this game last year" thread

Jpcc86 said:

Hollow Knight for me, nowadays its one of my favorite games of all time and I originally played it a bit over a year after it released for consoles, late in 2019.
Which I gotta say, in retrospect, sounds weird, because I knew about it before it released, and im a huge metroidvania fan. Everything about that game felt like it was gonna be my cup of tea. Yet I waited around until I gave it a chance.

You're better than some *cough* @Veknoid_Outcast *cough*. Like you he loves Metroidvanias but somehow to this day refuses to play Hollow Knight (no matter how much I pester him about it too!).

Signature goes here!

Around the Network

For me it was God of War (2018) I never got the chance to play it on PS4 and was super stoked when it was announced for PC. What an experience......I just finished the story and working on getting all the remaining collectables, treasure maps, and odin ravens.

I'm currently playing Deaths Door. I knew it was good but never got around to playing it.

Hyrule Warriors Age of Calamity (Playing it with Someone, both finished BotW and is our first time playing it).
So much fun on the hardest difficulty.

Last edited by eddy7eddy - on 14 March 2022

Darashiva said:

Practically every game I ever play these days. I almost never play games the year they are released anymore, and more often than not I'm at least two or three years behind in playing most of them. The only exceptions to this rule from the last decade are Final Fantasy VII Remake, which I bought only about six months after release, and Elden Ring, which I'm currently just waiting to arrive at some point this week.

This.

Around the Network

I just got Mario Party Superstars a few weeks ago. I'm amazed how good it is. It's the best Mario Party I've ever played.

Kind of... none. My backlog is huge and new games that interest me enough for me to get them even the year they're released are extremely rare, so I usually play games even older than last year's. Due to my tendency to get games so late anyway, I don't get hyped all that much, so if anything, I'm pleasantly surprised when I get to a new game (well, new to me). As a result, I don't recall a single time I thought "wow, why didn't I play this earlier".

I thought of a game! Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order. I had bought it for my husband two Christmases ago but never played it myself (it being described as a Souls like was a turn off for me). I gave it a try this year after my husband made his 2nd playthrough and really enjoyed my time with it. Nice mix and exploration and combat, great story and Cal is so pretty.

Last edited by TruckOSaurus - on 15 March 2022

Signature goes here!