By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Games that made you buy a system

What games made you pull the trigger and buy a system in order to play them?

Around the Network

I bought a PS3 solely for Final Fantasy Versus XIII, we all know how that turned out.

Mario 64 was the last time I bought a system for a game. I usually buy systems in their first year so there isn't usually too many must have games early in the life cycles.

NobleTeam360 said:

I bought a PS3 solely for Final Fantasy Versus XIII, we all know how that turned out.

Same.

Wipeout, PS1
Crazy Taxi, DC
Mario 64, N64
PGR, XBox

Since then I've been buying them on release, not for any particular game.
Actually I bought ps3 as a blu-ray player at first.

Around the Network

I wasn't really big into the PS3 at the time but I bought one at the tail end of its life just for Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch. There was no way in hell I was passing up essentially a Studio Ghibli RPG with music by Joe Hisaishi.

I disliked everything about S. Mario 64. That jump from 2D to 3D was terrible for that particlar franchise - back then and to this day. However, OoT made buy a N64. Totally worth it.

- Final Fantasy IV and VI and Super Metroid made me buy a SNES.
- Final Fantasy VII made me go with the PS1 over the N64 back then.
- Shenmue made me buy a Dreamcast on 9/9/99, even though the game came out much later. Never regretted it, as the games kept coming and it was amazing.
- Metroid Prime made me buy a GameCube, and I still consider it to be Nintendo’s best console at the time of its release. It was my favourite and most played console during that gen.
- Metal Gear Solid 2 made me buy the PS2.
- Shenmue II made me buy the XBox.
- Lost Odyssey made me buy the XBox 360.

Last edited by Hynad - on 08 March 2022

N64 for Smash & Switch Because of Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Farsala said:
NobleTeam360 said:

Same.

Same.