By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Kirby and the Forgotten Land's Demo

Are you getting Kirby and the Forgotten Land?

Yes! Preordered It Already 6 16.67%

Buying Day 1/First Week 10 27.78%

Waiting for Reviews FIrst 4 11.11%

Waiting to buy it on a discount 9 25.00%

No, I don't like the direction they've taken 1 2.78%

No, I just have no interest in it 6 16.67%

Total:36

Haven't played it yet. But I think easy and linear is exactly what it should be. When I was a six year old kid, I loved the idea of videogames but they were too challenging and frustrating. Didn't help that my mom didn't really know what gaming was and would buy things she just thought would be cool to kids like Ninja Gaiden or Battletoads. Kirby's Dreamland was the first game I could beat on my own that was still challenging enough so that I felt accomplished. Played a huge role in me being a gamer to this day I think. So, I think that's what the series should be, a training wheel platformer for people maybe not good enough for Mario yet.

Edit: OMFG this is like the greatest fucking thing ever. I ate a traffic cone while I had bomb power. So, I was like a cone with a FUCKING CONE HAT AND IT WAS AMAZING! Seriously, I had a huge smile on my face throughout the first too levels. It is the exact kind of cheerful mellow fun I need in my life. 

Last edited by JWeinCom - on 03 March 2022

Around the Network
Mar1217 said:

My verdict :

BIG SMILE/10 !

But more seriously, from the presentation to the way the gameplay feels, HAL truly once again prove how they can craft solid yet simple mechanic and make them interesting by their unique and out-there usage.
I can sense even as a gimmick, the mouthful mode can provide real fun and creative moment depending on what's at use. The cone was the best example in this demo.
Also, the portion we got really has complementary cinematic that wasn't there much in the series before. I wonder how they'll play with it in future levels.

Feel like I'm also gonna bop to the music hard with this one. The main leitmotif for this game is already being used in all sorts of ways and I can't wait to hear it in all possible sauce they can think of !
Anywoo, my sole criticism so far would go to the limitation of the movesets we now have with the 3D plane in mind rendering certain abilities less fun than previously (ice for example) while others benefits from the move (Bomb, Spike from what I've seen so far are upgrade from their 2D counterpart).

P.S :
-Using the D-Pad makes Kirby do taunts à la Smash Bros
- Trigger button + Jump makes Kirby do his slide move. Can be used to do the Sword dash move follwed by upward and downward trust if you press jump again and then the attack button. It's the only ability in the demo with this kind of button combination,

Kirby can also roll and backflip out of his shield by pressing a direction. And the ice power is super effective against the boss.

Mar1217 said:
JWeinCom said:

Kirby can also roll and backflip out of his shield by pressing a direction. And the ice power is super effective against the boss.

Yeah, time it right and you get a "witch time" window to attack or get away easily.

As for the ice power, I didn't use much in the demo. I was never a fan of it in the previous games. I don't think this one we'll change my mind too. Funny snowmen you make with the ice breath though :)

I love ice. It makes enemysicles. Against the boss it will freeze him in place and then cause a damaging shatter if you do it enough without break.

Probably won't buy anytime soon, but this is definitely going in the wish list.

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing
Switch - Super Mario Maker 2 (2019)
Switch - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019)
Switch - Bastion (2011/2018)
3DS - Star Fox 64 3D (2011)
3DS - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Trilogy) (2005/2014)
Wii U - Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (2010/2017)
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links
PC - Deep Rock Galactic (2020)

I need a "will buy but not week one, waiting to have money to spend on videogames" option.

Around the Network
camilosanchez16 said:

I need a "will buy but not week one, waiting to have money to spend on videogames" option.

Look, if you have to sell your body to afford Kirby, that's what you do.

This took a weird turn, and that's on me. My bad.

Whole lotta fun with the demo this weekend with co-op, can't wait for it to arrive.

Also can't wait until I can chill like Kirby by the sea.

@Twitter | Switch | Steam

You say tomato, I say tomato 

"¡Viva la Ñ!"

axumblade said:
TomaTito said:

Whole lotta fun with the demo this weekend with co-op, can't wait for it to arrive.

I want to try the co-op but my partner and I took a year to beat Super Mario 3D World and he’s got his hands full with triangle strategy and Horizon. I think I am too impatient about this game lol

Really wish I had a partner who was as into video games as me. Might be a bit easier if I went gay. Guess I have to figure out if my desire for a player 2 outweighs my desire for vagina.

axumblade said:
TomaTito said:

I want to try the co-op but my partner and I took a year to beat Super Mario 3D World and he’s got his hands full with triangle strategy and Horizon. I think I am too impatient about this game lol

What a shame, although the second player gets half the fun as they have no power-ups, they are stuck being waddle dees.
Haven't really been following the news these past few months, but is it confirmed to be couch co-op only, no online co-op?

Parallels with Super Mario 3D World that you mention are in this title and it reminded me of that too.

Man, if they made something like this but with the Super Smash Bros rooster, it'd be even better than the adventure mode I long for to return in SSB.
Make that title Nintendo!

@Twitter | Switch | Steam

You say tomato, I say tomato 

"¡Viva la Ñ!"