By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Funimation Content Moving to Crunchyroll for World’s Largest Anime Library

I guess this was always going to happen. It's a shame because Funimation's platform is a mess, and doesn't usually videos don't work for me.

I imagine that the "free with commercials" viewing options are going to go away shortly too.

Around the Network

Cool, now one less sub I need.

This is excellent news for me. I watch anime every day. So not having to fork out more money for more subscriptions is always a plus. I figured this was gonna happen as soon as Sony acquired Crunchyroll. It wouldn't make sense to have both existing when Crunchyroll would be the better option between the two. This is good news.

PSN ID- RayCrocheron82

XBL Gamertag- RAFIE82

NNID- RAFIE82/ Friend Code: SW-6006-2580-8237

YouTube- Rafie Crocheron

Sounds like a great deal. Personally, I won't be paying for it until they stop censoring the lewd animes but for those that do pay for it, it should be fap worthy.

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

This is good for my bf in that he gets a lot more for just one subscription but the Funimation app works better for him than the Crunchyroll one on Xbox so ideally the issues he's had with the latter get resolved. Overall this is good since subscription service bloat is annoying.

Around the Network

I think Funimation is a better brand name than Crunchyroll, which makes me think of sushi. I'm not the target audience for this though so...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1gWECYYOSo

Please Watch/Share this video so it gets shown in Hollywood.

Funimation usually had better content, but from what I hear Crunchyroll has a better service. So it is nice to combine the two. I am waiting for PS Plus to also include all of this, then we can truly say one subscription.