By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Russia and Ukraine flashpoint

Around the Network

ISIS published footage from inside "Crocus" building. 

Warning: Graphic video

Spoiler!
Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 24 March 2024

Hiku said:
Ryuu96 said:

-Snip-

I hope they've issued a correction and apology for airing the deepfake?

As for the air being cut off, I have no sympathy for cowardly terrorists.

Doubt it, Russians were likely the ones who made it as they've been trying to pin it on Ukraine.

I don't have sympathy for terrorists but at the same time I wouldn't condone that response from so called professional military units, it hardly screams a civilised country, like for example, imagine if the FBI dragged some serial killer onto the streets of Washington in broad daylight, in front of everyone, chopped his ear off and then force fed it him, then they uploaded the footage to YouTube, Lol.

But it isn't surprising and I've unfortunately seen Russian soldiers do far worse to Ukrainians, my only 'concern' is that based on what I've seen Russian soldiers do to Ukrainians and what they're doing to this terrorist in broad daylight, he is going to be absolutely mutilated behind closed doors and they might try to force a fake confession out of him pinning the blame on Ukraine even though ISIS already admitted to it.

But meh, that shit only works on Russians and useful idiots in the West and those useful idiots have always been useful idiots.

Terrorists should have done the world a favour and put a bullet in themselves.

BFR said:

Very good day if all this is confirmed, I'll eagerly await satellite images!

The communications centre was the one geolocated but I did see rumours of a ship hit too and videos of missile hits in other locations, the communication centre was hit by 2 Storm Shadow's and the 3rd was intercepted but 2 should be enough given the size of that explosion. Yesterday I thought to myself, we surely won't see anymore ships destroyed, Russia wouldn't be so stupid as to park their ships in Crimea still, right? Looks like I was wrong, is it time for another firing? Lol.

BFR said:

Lol. India should have picked a more reliable partner. If I'm India, I would ask for a discount on S-400s considering how they've performed in Ukraine. Plus so far almost every western equivalent of Russian equipment has performed better.

BFR said:

Lol. So they built a railway line closer to Ukraine's missile range capability than Kerch Bridge?

Well...Can't wait to see that blown to pieces over and over again in the near future.

Around the Network

Now that fleet will need to find work elsewhere — and there are signs it's struggling. At least seven of the vessels have come to a halt in the Black Sea and disappeared from digital monitoring systems, tanker tracking by Bloomberg shows. Sovcomflot admitted this week that sanctions had hurt its operations.

Delivery costs for Russian oil are huge. It costs about $14.50 a barrel to delivery a Baltic Sea cargo to China, according to data from Argus Media. Well over half that sum is attributable to sanctions, it estimates.

A further setback for Moscow has emerged in its sale of refined fuels. An average of 6.2 million barrels of Russian diesel was floating in the 10 days to March 17, according to data from Kpler That's the highest the measure's been since at least 2017.

While it's not clear that sanctions have caused the buildup, it's striking that so much product is accumulating at a time when drone strikes ought to have curbed supplies.

"Washington still has powerful tools to hurt Russian oil exports, but has used them cautiously, fearing a spike in gas prices in an election year," said Kluge.

Russia’s Oil Is Finally Getting Snarled by Sanctions on Its Tankers - Bloomberg

We would like to inform you that on March 24 this year at. 4.23, there was a violation of Polish airspace by one of the cruise missiles launched this night by long-range aviation of the Russian Federation. The targets of the strikes were towns in western Ukraine.

The object entered Polish space near the town of Oserdów (Lublin Voivodeship) and stayed there for 39 seconds. During the entire flight, he was observed by military radar systems.

Tonight all necessary procedures to ensure the safety of Polish airspace were launched. Among other things, Polish and allied aviation was activated.

#WojskoPolskie monitors the situation on the territory of Ukraine on an ongoing basis and remains on constant readiness to ensure the safety of Polish airspace.

-

This is getting dumb now, Russia has violated NATO airspace multiple times, they do it because they know we won't do anything about it and it makes it harder for Ukraine to intercept, it's time to start blowing these missiles out the sky the second they enter NATO airspace. Poland would be fully justified in doing so.

Establish a "zone" along the Polish/Ukraine border, firmly set the lines clear for Russia, anything in Polish airspace = Liquidated, anything close to Poland's border within a certain amount of KMs = Liquidated. Tell Russia to fuck off and find another route for their missiles that doesn't come dangerously close to Poland or actually violate Poland's airspace.

This could be the first step for French forces even, not troops in Ukraine but can we actually protect our fucking borders?

Ryuu96 said:
BFR said:

Lol. India should have picked a more reliable partner. If I'm India, I would ask for a discount on S-400s considering how they've performed in Ukraine. Plus so far almost every western equivalent of Russian equipment has performed better.

That's not so easy to do. India had for decades relied on Russian military hardware, almost since it's inception. Since the only other potential partner that supplies military products by the old WP standard is China and India being in conflict with them, that's not an option either.

In the end, India will probably have to switch to NATO standard or make some franken-vehicles with NATO-based chassis being able to fire Warsaw Pact munitions.

Ryuu96 said:

We would like to inform you that on March 24 this year at. 4.23, there was a violation of Polish airspace by one of the cruise missiles launched this night by long-range aviation of the Russian Federation. The targets of the strikes were towns in western Ukraine.

The object entered Polish space near the town of Oserdów (Lublin Voivodeship) and stayed there for 39 seconds. During the entire flight, he was observed by military radar systems.

Tonight all necessary procedures to ensure the safety of Polish airspace were launched. Among other things, Polish and allied aviation was activated.

#WojskoPolskie monitors the situation on the territory of Ukraine on an ongoing basis and remains on constant readiness to ensure the safety of Polish airspace.

-

This is getting dumb now, Russia has violated NATO airspace multiple times, they do it because they know we won't do anything about it and it makes it harder for Ukraine to intercept, it's time to start blowing these missiles out the sky the second they enter NATO airspace. Poland would be fully justified in doing so.

The Polish army as it is right now could probably steamroll the Russian troops out of Königsberg (Kaliningrad) and then decisively support the Ukrainian forces in liberating their territories all on it's own without any further NATO support. And that's just now, in a couple years when Poland will have finished their very substantive military equipment expansion (see spoiler for what they're buying right now), they could probably steamroll Russia proper, too, if they didn't have nukes.

Spoiler!
1000 South Korean K2 tanks, 360+ M1 Abrams SEPv3, 800+ K9 155mm Self-Propelled Artillery, 300+ Krab 155mm SPA, 280 Korean Multiple Rocket launchers, 500 HIMARS, 1000 Borsuk IFVs, and the list goes on and on...

Yeah, Poland is going nuts on upgrading their military and they were already #1 in NATO spending as a % of GDP. I would not be surprised if Poland develops its own nukes in the future, it isn't something I'm looking forward to, I wish we could have less nukes in the world but Russia shows that isn't a possibility. It just feels likely for Poland if the West lets Ukraine down and almost guaranteed if America pulls back from Europe.