By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Russia and Ukraine flashpoint

Republican Rep. Mike Gallagher Will Resign Early, Leaving House Majority Hanging By a Thread

Great, another one, sign the discharge petition before you leave.

Around the Network

Austria's chancellor Nehammer is against using Russia's frozen assets to be used for military aid for Ukraine, trying to secure Austria's second place on the list of "Russia's most useful idiots" for good.

No matter how much of a coward Scholz is, Germans can feel safe in knowing that there are always at least two EU countries who are worse than them.

Legend11 correctly predicted that GTA IV will outsell Super Smash Bros. Brawl. I was wrong.

Of course they're preparing to blame Ukraine, they likely knew a terrorist attack was coming and did nothing to stop it so they could blame Ukraine, make mobilisation an easier pill to swallow, I bet they'll also find in the van a Nazi flag, a Ukrainian handwritten note which says "Zelensky ordered me to do this" and the EU/NATO flag with a note from Jens Stoltenberg 🙄

Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 22 March 2024

3-5 heavily armed men casually strolled into a concert with assault rifles and explosives, killed dozens of people, set off multiple explosives, with no security in sight, after the west already warned Russia an attack like this was coming but Russia did not step in security, despite the fact that Moscow is one of the most surveillance cities on Earth and where you get arrested just for holding up a sign.

Something tells me Russia let this happen, even with it being a legit terrorist attack.

Around the Network

I'm going to take a major L on this one, I have to apologise to America.

President's Office denies statements that US asked to stop attacks on Russian refineries

Ukraine has denied that America has told them to stop attacking Russia's energy infrastructure.

Either The Financial Times has some trash sources or I fell for Russian disinformation.

I said this before as well, some western journalists are really careless about their "sources"

No reason to doubt IS claim - US official

The US has no reason to doubt Islamic State's claim that it was behind the attack near Moscow.

An unnamed official has told CBS, the BBC's US media partner, that the US provided intelligence to the Russian government - some of it very specific - about a potential attack under the Duty to Warn requirement. This is a non-binding obligation of American spy agencies, if they learn of planned attacks, to alert the intended targets.

The source, said to be familiar with the intelligence, says there has been a steady stream of information dating back to November about IS wanting to strike in Russia. However, they did not know when the US formally warned the Kremlin about the attacks.

ISIS claims responsibility for Russia attack that killed at least 40 killed and injured dozens in shooting at Moscow concert hall - CBS News

The United States has intelligence confirming Islamic State's claim of responsibility for a deadly shooting at a concert near Moscow, a U.S. official said on Friday.
The official said the United States had warned Russia in recent weeks about the possibility of an attack.

"We did warn the Russians appropriately," said the official, speaking on condition of anonymity, without providing any additional details.

US has intelligence confirming Islamic State responsibility for Russia attack, official says | Reuters

Putin addressed the warnings a couple weeks later, criticizing the warning three days ago as "provocative."

Per TASS, the Russian president said on March 19 the aim of "the recent provocative statements of a number of official Western structures about the possibility of terrorist attacks in Russia" was harming Russian society.

Putin Dismissed US Warnings Days Before Moscow Concert Hall Attack (businessinsider.com)

Honestly, I didn't even know about the Duty to Warn.

Secondly, if Russia listened to America, those innocent people may have still been alive. One thing the war has shown is that America's intelligence is still one of the best and should be listened to. Whether Putin didn't care or ignored it, he could have prevented it. Those innocent people are dead partly due to Putin's negligence and America did try to help them.

Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 22 March 2024