By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Russia and Ukraine flashpoint

crissindahouse said:

What we definitely know is that a captured T-90A was moved to the Aberdeen test center in Maryland. And I guess USA also got or will get that captured and intact T-90M

Ukraine capturing and fixing T-90s for themselves would be a turning point against Russia.

Around the Network
crissindahouse said:

What we definitely know is that a captured T-90A was moved to the Aberdeen test center in Maryland. And I guess USA also got or will get that captured and intact T-90M

Forgot about that one, Lol.

Wouldn't be shocked if America has people in Ukraine for this specific purpose, or in Poland, then it can be sent to America for further examination, no doubt America is getting a wealth of knowledge from this though, no doubt they already know the ins and outs of T-90M considering Ukraine already captured one and a T-90A, if America wants it then Ukraine will probably oblige since America is sending them tanks.

Would love to know USA's thoughts on the tank...Have my doubts it's any better than Leopard 2, Challenger 2 or Abrams considering how overhyped everything else is in Russia. Ukraine has said the T-90 is "not different from the T-72", Lol. They could be trolling though. Wasn't a gamechanger at least, Ukraine's been blowing these things up for a while.

According to Oryx, Ukraine has captured 12 T-90A, 1 T-90AK, 1 T-90S and 2 T-90M, I don't think Ukraine needs to risk their lives to capture yet another tank and America has all the information they could want already. Shit what hasn't Russia rolled out? Lol. Russia will probably go mad trying to capture an Abrams, Leopard 2 or Challenger 2 though.

Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 27 May 2023

Ryuu96 said:

Ukraine has said the T-90 is "not different from the T-72", Lol.

The design of the T-90 series is based on the chassis of the T-72 (gotta start somewhere..). So the Ukranian conclusion is not completely off. However, major changes are in electronics, obviously, and the change to "western-style" loading mechanism so that the gunners no longer sit on the ammunition, and the turret no longer flies into the air when hit. Still there must be major differences as the T-90s weight 20t less than western tanks which tend to be really, really heavy.

I guess T-90s aren't armored as much as a Leo 2 for example. The Leo 2 A6 is already much heavier as the A4 because of that. A6 can take much heavier shelling.

Around the Network

Getting rid of as many Russian artillery systems as possible is an absolute necessity ahead of "the big counter offensive". And making random small attacks so the Rusians don't know where to distribute their artillery units next. The problem is that Russia has tons of those...

Ryuu96 said:

Russian incompetence has struck again.

Hell yeah, lets send them some more. Storm Shadow feels like the next HIMARS for Russians.

Meanwhile the Legendary Russian Kinzhal

The Crimean Bridge is fucked when the time comes where Ukraine can use Storm Shadows on it.

Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 28 May 2023

Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 28 May 2023