By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Russia and Ukraine flashpoint

Ryuu96 said:

Lol let's go back a further 1500 years, wonder if Russia existed. At what point do you cut off the birth of a nation?

500 years from now I am sure the world will look even more different, unless we somehow all learn to get along and look after our citizen where we do not need to fight for land and break away to form new countries.

Around the Network

I guess USA doesn't even exist in Putin's mind then and Alaska is obviously Russia. I wonder why he doesn't have such a big mouth about Alaska which is even bigger and full of raw materials. Ahh yes, you only have the balls when it's about countries supposed to be weaker than you.

A serviceman of the 4th Brigade of the Russian forces Andrey "Murz" Morozov is under attack by patriots on Telegram for his negative forecasts. But he is not budging, insisting that Ukraine is preparing the battlefield for something that will inevitably lead to the most difficult catastrophe for Russia. His only hope is in drawing parallels with the 1942 Soviet retreat in the East which was followed by a counter-offensive. The exchange is very long, so below is just an excerpt from it.

Russian "Veteran's Notes" channel describes a problem preventing Russians from using counter-battery fire near borders - there's too much Russian EW which suppresses Russian drones (mavics) preventing artillery adjusting. Meanwhile, Ukrainians are switching to other frequencies en masse to bypass Russian EW.

Copelerone, Lol.

Prigozhin is setting the MoD up for a black eye, if they do leave Bakhmut then Russia will just replace them with mobiks and likely lose Bakhmut.

Around the Network
Ryuu96 said:

Copelerone, Lol.

Prigozhin is setting the MoD up for a black eye, if they do leave Bakhmut then Russia will just replace them with mobiks and likely lose Bakhmut.

Maybe it's because Wagner suffered such heavy losses they'd likely lose Bakhmut too. By withdrawing he can blame MoD for fucking up. But who knows if they even leave.

The funny thing is that on that map, if it reaches that far and besides there blatantly being a form of Ukraine on there, is that northwest Russia, including where's now St. Petersburg, would be Swedish.

Last edited by S.Peelman - on 25 May 2023

KiigelHeart said:
Ryuu96 said:

Maybe it's because Wagner suffered such heavy losses they'd likely lose Bakhmut too. By withdrawing he can blame MoD for fucking up. But who knows if they even leave.

Could be, no doubt Wagner suffered a lot of casualties.

But the thing with Wagner is they aren't a defensive force and never have been, they're the "takers" and it's all they know how to do, shock and awe, endless waves of suicidal bodies and leaving a path of destruction until they take their objective. So I'd be surprised if Wagner employs a defensive position in Bakhmut and stays unless they have plans on trying to move beyond Bakhmut.

Prigozhin will have a win either way...

If Wagner stays but loses Bakhmut he will blame Shoigu for not supplying them enough, Wagner did their job at taking Bakhmut but Russia didn't support their flanks (the flanks appear to be mostly Russian soldiers).

If Wagner leaves and Russia leaves it then well, easy to blame Shoigu for that one too.

In the end, Prigozhin has his political win (the man who took Bakhmut) and he also gets paid for taking Bakhmut which is all he cared about.

S.Peelman said:

The funny thing is that on that map, besides there blatantly a Ukraine being there, northwest Russia, including where's now St. Petersburg, would be Swedish.

I support Swedish rightful claim to Northwest Russia, we all know that Sweden only "accidentally" lost it after all!

Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 25 May 2023

Stark contrast between Prigozhin and Putin too in their most recent public appearances.

Putin: Here is a map which shows Ukraine didn't exist but actually did exist, please support us.

Prigozhin: Ukraine is one of the strongest armies on Earth, they've been legitimised by us, Shoigu and Gerasimov are fuck ups, the Russian leadership is incompetent, Shoigu and Gerasimov should be hanged, rise up my fellow fascists.

Putin looking quite pathetic lately and Prigozhin is being allowed to shit talk far too much, although he still avoids specifically calling out Putin.

Lets just buy Ukraine an entire fleet of these things, who needs a navy when you have drones?

Only their submarine is safe, Lol.