By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Russia and Ukraine flashpoint

KratosLives said:

Seems like russia is out to hurt the people, just as sanctions will be hurting those in russia. Probably till the sanctions stop.

Fuck off already. 

Around the Network
KratosLives said:

Seems like russia is out to hurt the people, just as sanctions will be hurting those in russia. Probably till the sanctions stop.

Are you saying that Russia is trying to hurt the people of Ukraine because of sanctions, if so, I believe you are not following the events.  The sanctions is not what is making Russia go after civilians, its the resistance that is making Russia go after civilians. Russia need to wrap this up as fast as possible and its not working out that way.  Next step would be to hit the civilians to up the cost of resistance and force Ukraine to come to the table on their terms.

The sanctions are something Russia and Putin already factored into this war as he made statements on it before he entered into Ukraine.  The sanctions are going to be put into place and stay in place for as long as Russia shows this type of aggression.  You cannot want to be part of the world economy but then go against the world and savage another nation.  Yes, the sanctions are going to nuke their economy which would then mean a huge a lot of pressure on the Russia government on this aggression and any others they feel they need to do.  If everyone does nothing, why would Putin be just satisfied with Ukraine.

NBC News: Chef Jose Andres is on the ground feeding refugees at Ukraine-Poland border

Ryuu96 said:
-snip-

And the Mod team stands with Ukraine so take that into account before saying dumb shit.

FWIW: Ukraine Humanitarian Relief/Support Efforts Thread | ResetEra

Wow that's classy. Can the mod team tell us where they stand so we can see incoming bias on moderation for most posts.  Sorry I only got this far so if this was addressed after this post I'm sorry, but this seems way out of line. 

Don't engage the trolls guys. They literally could be paid to do this for a living all over the internet. They could be Russian operatives. Just ignore them.

I appreciate the live information immensely!

Around the Network
Ryuu96 said:

The Central Bank doubled the base interest rate from 9.5% to 20%. The rouble has tanked 40% against the dollar.

That $630bn war chest is suddenly worth significantly less. That’s if they can even spend it at all given the breadth of the sanctions they are under.

Ryuu96 said:
The_Yoda said:

Wow that's classy. Can the mod team tell us where they stand so we can see incoming bias on moderation for most posts.  Sorry I only got this far so if this was addressed after this post I'm sorry, but this seems way out of line. 

Okay, I'll try to be clear

We don't support fascist Hitler-wannabe leaders, we don't support the unjust invasion of another country, if a user wants to take a bullet for Hitler/Putin they can do so elsewhere, there is only one bad person here, one person at fault for the invasion of another country and that is Putin.

But imagine still taking a bullet for Putin when the vast majority of the world is against him, including thousands in his own country, I suppose some put being different before everything else, including any morality they may have, fucking baffling how anyone can defend or make justification for Putin's invasion still but thankfully it's a tiny group.

Just because you think the west may share some blame does not mean you are "taking a bullet for Putin".  I'll respond more when I get caught up ... only on page 3 with 50 posts per page.  May take a day or three depending on how busy I am and how many rabbit holes I run down.  This stuff would have been easier to research before all this happened. Bias is a bitch.

Disney has stopped all film releases in Russia. God, they look so virtuous sitting on their mountain of Chinese money soaked in Uyghur blood.

How great of them...

Apparently a Russian state owned news agency "accidentally published an article, tagged with a publication date of 8AM on February 26, celebrating a Russian victory" earlier. Presumably somebody screwed up and forgot to unschedule it.

It supports the view that Putin miscalculated and assumed Zelenskyy would flee and Ukraine would get demoralized and give up. I don't know if any of this info is true, for all I know it could be complete BS. Either way, I thought it was an interesting read and figured I'd share it.

Scary stuff. I hope this all resolves the best way possible.