By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Russia and Ukraine flashpoint

Bit of a long read, but an interesting take on what makes this Russian invasion different from the last few and how people may have overestimated Russia's military prowess:

https://imgur.com/gallery/gCRRAXK

Last edited by TallSilhouette - on 28 February 2022

Around the Network
SegaHeart said:

The people of Russia are not the same as the the State of Russia government I agree because there are Russians citizens protesting against Putins war. So no there are russians in this world who are against this war , people that think all of Russia is bad and every Russian likes seeing Ukrainians die are not like that which was demostrated by Russian protestors and those that hate Putin already. I know they like many rather stay in Russia for the rest of their lives like many Americans rather stay in USA. We need more Positive thinkers in this world like several Russian protestors against Putin war machine.

the prostests in Russia are nothing compared to what Putin is doing

had this been any US or European government, the people would protest as massively as necessary to make it stop

don't mind my username, that was more than 10 years ago, I'm a different person now, amazing how people change ^_^

What came of the peace talks? There's just way too much info out there.

My bet with The_Liquid_Laser: I think the Switch won't surpass the PS2 as the best selling system of all time. If it does, I'll play a game of a list that The_Liquid_Laser will provide, I will have to play it for 50 hours or complete it, whatever comes first. 

Metallox said:

What came of the peace talks? There's just way too much info out there.

From what I could get only an agreement to reconvene another meeting

SecondWar said:

Fifa has declared that the Russian football team cannot play under their flag, anthem or in Russia. Must play as Russian Football Union - ie the Olympic treatment they’ve been getting.
This is a sorry attempt to dodge the issue. No one saw it as viable in the Olympics and it isn’t suitable here either. Ban them outright.

-Suspend their UEFA and FIFA memberships

-Kick them out of the World Cup qualifiers

-Kick them out of the Nations League

-Kick Spartak Moscow out of the Europa League

FIFA finally did what needed to be done. Russia now suspended, so out of all of the above tournaments plus the Women’s Euros that I forgot to mention.

Around the Network
Ryuu96 said:

This was the bit I was worrying about, when Russia’s supply lines start to catch up.

Hoping Ukraine are able to bomb the convoys enough to reduce Russia’s ability to resupply.

Seems like russia is out to hurt the people, just as sanctions will be hurting those in russia. Probably till the sanctions stop.

KratosLives said:
Pemalite said:

The rallying of pretty much the entire planet behind Ukraine is absolutely fantastic.

It is -exactly- what needed to happen and needs to continue to happen, it will give pause to other countries wanting to do similar... I.E. China with Taiwan.

Make it a part of the EU, UN and NATO...

You do realise world war 3 is about to start, and nuclear warfare? 

All these sanctions will push the aggressors further. 

What is the alternative? Give the aggressors free reign to invade countries, killing women and children and destroying peoples lives?

If it escalates to Nuclear Warfare... We still did the right thing assisting those in need.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

SecondWar said:
Ryuu96 said:

This was the bit I was worrying about, when Russia’s supply lines start to catch up.

Hoping Ukraine are able to bomb the convoys enough to reduce Russia’s ability to resupply.

Im surprised Russian airforce hasn't taken off yet

ClassicGamingWizzz said:

Pieces of shit now target civilians, hope putin people turns on him fast and poison him like he does to his adversaries

Putin needs to end his presidency either on a gallows or in front of a firing squad.