By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Pokémon Legends Arceus has sold 6.5 million copies in its launch week. Lifetime sales expectations?

Pokémon Legends Arceus has sold 6.5 million copies in its launch week. Lifetime sales expectations?

Less than 10 million 30 6.36%

10.0 - 12.4 million 18 3.81%

12.5 - 14.9 million 35 7.42%

15.0 - 17.4 million 58 12.29%

17.5 - 19.9 million 59 12.50%

20.0 - 22.4 million 144 30.51%

22.5 - 24.9 million 41 8.69%

25.0 - 27.4 million 30 6.36%

27.5 - 30.0 million 13 2.75%

More than 30 million 44 9.32%

Total:472
RolStoppable said:

The latest Pokémon game has been off to a great start, selling 6.5m copies during its launch week. What are your lifetime sales expectations?

Bonus question: If you've played the game, how does it compare to the mainline Pokémon games?

It's a very different experience, built for single player focus more than anything. 

It is def going to surpass 10 million, though I'll be more sure about guessing where it goes after Pokemon Day. I could see a big DLC annoucement, as some rumor, being the dif between 14 and 16 million. 

Regardless though I suspect it is a game that GF and Nintendo are happy with the success of.

The Democratic Nintendo fan....is that a paradox? I'm fond of one of the more conservative companies in the industry, but I vote Liberally and view myself that way 90% of the time?

Around the Network

I could see it hitting 20 million. If BD/SP sold like 13+ million just over the holidays, and I would certainly expect a brand new fresh take on Pokemon gameplay to outsell a remake, then PLA can definitely hit 20 million lifetime.

I've only ever played Pokemon Red and Sword. Red was awesome back in the day. Sword was alright but felt like the series had barely evolved since Red, and it also wasn't as difficult and of course the novelty of Pokemon was gone after two decades. Sword was decent but felt like the series was just going through the 20+ year old motions. PLA ain't perfect but it feels fresh compared to Shield and it's what I would have assumed Pokemon would have been like when the series finally hit a console, rather than what Sw/Sh was. Now I just want to see them keep building on the PLA gameplay, fleshing out the experience beyond this good first step.

I definitely see it crossing 20 million, which is why I voted for 20-22.4. That being said, I could see it reaching as high as 25 million though, largely depending on potential DLC and also how long Nintendo plans on supporting Switch.

I liked Legends: Arceus, but I still like all the main series games that came before it more.

16 million in sales.

Best pokemon game I've played. Bloody brilliant!!

Over 20mil, it'll have legs.

Around the Network

I think it will get to touch 20 millions but stay around that. If it has DLC it will definitely have great legs + i HIGHLY doubt they will have a mainline game this holiday.

20+ Million.

I'm going with 20+

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

Going to sell more than 20 million copies probably closer to 25.

I have it and I enjoy it. It’s the first Pokémon game since Diamond/Pearl on the DS that I have played. The game play needed this mix up, I hope this is the direction game play wise that is the future.

I wish they went all in with the action concept. Kinda like xenoblade mechanics. I do not like turn based combat

Just a guy who doesn't want to be bored. Also