By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - AMD's FidelityFX Super Resolution now on Switch

Conina said:
Dulfite said:

Calling it now. Nintendo buys Nvidia and names their next console the Nintendo SSS (Switch Super Sampler).

Nvidia buying Nintendo would be more likely.

If they can't have ARM, they would get ARMS.

LOL at that last line. On a serious note, Japan would sooner do a land invasion of China than let Nintendo get bought out by a foreign company. 

Around the Network
Dulfite said:

Calling it now. Nintendo buys Nvidia and names their next console the Nintendo SSS (Switch Super Sampler).

If Nintendo has 600 billion dollars lying around, sure.

Kakadu18 said:
Dulfite said:

Holy cow, I had no idea they were worth so much money. You made me bing it and their valuation is like $700 billion. My goodness!!!

Dulfite said:
Kakadu18 said:

Holy cow, I had no idea they were worth so much money. You made me bing it and their valuation is like $700 billion. My goodness!!!

Their market cap is $591 billion according to google.

Kakadu18 said:
Dulfite said:

Regardless, they are worth far more than Nintendo even with their tens of billions in cash reserve.

Around the Network

While it's not quite the borderline miracle that DLSS is, this should provide a welcome boost to image quality and performance for the games that elect to use it.

Switch is hardly a powerhouse so every little advantage helps. Nice to see Nintendo embracing forward-looking technology as well.

Dulfite said:
Kakadu18 said:

Regardless, they are worth far more than Nintendo even with their tens of billions in cash reserve.

That's what you get for binging it instead of googling it. 

Chicho said:
Dulfite said:

That's what you get for binging it instead of googling it. 

What Bing said was no less right or wrong to Google. I never said what the market cap was, I said what the valuation is. 

"Market capitalization is calculated by multiplying the number of shares outstanding by the current price of a single share. Market value is assessed using numerous metrics and multiples including price-to-earnings, price-to-sales, and return-on-equity."

Companies are bought out sometimes at a higher amount than their shares show in value on the market cap during that purchase window. IE: MS bought Acti/Blizz for a higher amount per share than the market cap had on those shares at the time of purchase.

And I hate Google's control over everything, so I use Bing occasionally but most often Brave/duck duck go.

This should prove a particularly useful tool for studios porting demanding games to Switch, which tend to run at a rather low resolution.
The likes of Panic Button, Saber, QLOC and Virtuos might find it well worth looking into.

Mar1217 said:
curl-6 said:

This should prove a particularly useful tool for studios porting demanding games to Switch, which tend to run at a rather low resolution.
The likes of Panic Button, Saber, QLOC and Virtuos might find it well worth looking into.

Meantime, we have to wonder if Monolith Soft is already using such tech for the upcoming Xenoblade 3. Could be worth a shot for them if they want the game to achieve 720p docked with a smooth stable 30 fps this time 

it's entirely possible; of all Nintendo's first party studios, Monolith Soft is the most technically minded; Xenoblade 2 for instance pushed a lot of graphical features not seen in EPD's games like per object motion blur, temporal AA, screen space reflections, volumetric cloud simulation, etc.

Xenoblade 3 would benefit from FSR more than most Nintendo games too given the tendency of Monolith's Switch games to drop below 720p. So let's hope it's in there.