By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - BLM, police bias and what information to trust. Analysis by Zac Kriegman

CGI-Quality said:
sundin13 said:

I think that statement is accurate albeit poorly worded.

The phrase "Black Lives Matter" is a protest or rebuttal against the idea that black lives are not treated as equally valuable in our society. It is to say "Society places less value on black lives, and we wish to fight against this". 

As for whether or not this is accurate assessment depends in part on the metrics you use to make that call, but through my experiences, it seems to be at least somewhat accurate. 

BLM, as I understand it, is a black lives matter, too instead of black lives matter less theme. It's to cover the idea that, while black lives have mattered less (in the eyes of police interactions and other racially unequal truths), the movement to the forefront of consciousness is simply to state: "hey, we're humans too". 

Therefore, I take the premise of BLM as not that their lives matter less, but also. Yes, the historical piece is the idea that African Americans have seen inequality as a result of their race for many, many years, but they're taking a stand on it by stating: "all lives cannot matter until our lives matter as well". Thus, its birth as a result of the acquittal of George Zimmerman.

I feel like the distinction is largely a semantic one. 

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:

Still, your study uses per capita figures for its mortality rates and when the same method is applied to crime incidents, then involvement of black people should also be around three times higher per capita than it is for white people. Or isn't that the case?

My post was literally a response to that idea.

tl;dr: If you only look at violent crime rates by race, you may be led to the assumption that this is a good alternate explanation of racially disparate police violence, however this fails to be a robust hypothesis because it does not correlate well as soon as you start breaking down the data (for example by comparing levels of police violence to historical violent crime rates). 

CGI-Quality said:

You did not fulfill the major request. What historical event(s) within African American community justify the many police interactions with them?In regard to what statistics (and then how it compares to statistics with other races)? I'm not asking as a user, I'm asking as a moderator. Your posts are obviously offensive and to potentially avoid action taken against you, I need answers on how these things have justifications. What is the history, in the United States, regarding African Americans, in a nutshell.

the culture and reputation that African American community have known to have.

Do i have to now collect all the crime data from various Police departments and list it out here?

Isn't there any common knowledge which everyone has?

That second part is also just a guess. Without another party having said "power", you will never know which side wants what. So, there is no point in making absolute statements based on "but one side has it, so all sides would want it". Beyond that, the United States is comprised of more than Black, Hispanic, and White.

Yeah but all the minorities band together.

And Sociology in all Multi-Cultural Societies have shown to be a battle between groups as to who will dominate.

As to what the party wants,you can go through a course in psychology.The other side isn't some alien that will think different,they want the same things as the current ruling class that is to rule.

⚠️ WARNED (Flaming): Repeated generalizations of a group without justification

Last edited by CGI-Quality - on 21 February 2022

RolStoppable said:
sundin13 said:

My post was literally a response to that idea.

tl;dr: If you only look at violent crime rates by race, you may be led to the assumption that this is a good alternate explanation of racially disparate police violence, however this fails to be a robust hypothesis because it does not correlate well as soon as you start breaking down the data (for example by comparing levels of police violence to historical violent crime rates). 

I don't get your point.

I had the time to either read through some of the study or watch the John Oliver segment on critical race theory. Was time well spent.

Feel free to ask more specific questions, but I don't know what to do with "I don't get it".

Note: You don't need to read the study to get what I'm saying.

CGI-Quality said:

If something is common knowledge, you should have no issue disclosing it. I asked for specific examples and data. "Culture and reputation" are fluff words without support columns.

So, don't make baseless claims that you cannot support, which is now a bigger issue for you. Generalizing a group of people, especially without justification, is not how to go about it.

Criminal stereotype of African Americans - Wikipedia

Also,you are telling me not to generalize a group but at the same time you are generalizing Police as a Group,is there any end to hypocrisy?

Last edited by faustian.empire - on 21 February 2022

Around the Network

double post by mistake

CGI-Quality said:
faustian.empire said:

Criminal stereotype of African Americans - Wikipedia

Also,you are telling me not to generalize a group but at the same time you are generalizing Police as a Group,is there any end to hypocrisy?

One type of crime. Anyone could provide a sample statistic on a race based on one type of crime and draw conclusions. That also does not support the idea of "common knowledge". so your warning stands. 

Also, you do best not to make accusations. On top of the fact that you were let off easy with a warning which could easily seen you banned, you are under investigation for other reasons as well. "What historical event(s) within African American community justify the many police interactions with them" is not "the police only go after black people".

my main point was that reputation is not built from nothing,it has to have some truth in it

Last edited by CGI-Quality - on 21 February 2022

CGI-Quality said:
faustian.empire said:

my main point was that reputation is not built from nothing,it has to have some truth in it

Anyone can come up with some "truth" about any race/color/creed. Doesn't mean we create full generalizations from cherry picked info. 

https://ucr.fbi.gov/crime-in-the-u.s/2019/crime-in-the-u.s.-2019/tables/table-43

Read that and tell me why one would draw the same conclusion as you? And it's far more broad (and recent) than what you presented. 

in the numbers you provide,you understand that Whites are 60-65% of US Population(75% if you include Hispanic Whites) and Africans are 12% of US Population then why African Crime Rates are so high?

CGI-Quality said:
faustian.empire said:

First,in this day and age who trusts the government numbers?

Second,even in th numbers you provide,you understand that Whites are 60-65% of US Population(75% if you include Hispanic Whites) and Africans are 12% of US Population then why African Crime Rates are so high?

Why should anyone trust your numbers? What gives them more validity? That is the overall point. It's all cherry picked. You presented a Wiki graph. You understand that Wiki can be easily manipulated by anyone?

Next, you can't ask questions about numbers you don't trust. If they're untrustworthy, then why should I believe those percentage rates? You're stuck in a trap that you're only way out of is to literally move on from. 

You understand that Wikipedia and the Government have a Leftist bent,i don't really trust them but even the leftist liberals don't hide it

CGI-Quality said:
faustian.empire said:

You understand that Wikipedia and the Government have a Leftist bent,i don't really trust them but even the leftist liberals don't hide it

Should you remain part of the site, avoid generalizing people, particularly unjustly. That is all.

i will stop it but you also need to stop generalizing the Police as EVIL biased people