By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Surprise!! PS3 is doing worse in America than it is in Japan.

fishamaphone said:
ballzack: didn't you hear? The future is six months ago.

Don't you mean next gen started six months ago, or did that get pushed back till '08?

Leo-j said: If a dvd for a pc game holds what? Crysis at 3000p or something, why in the world cant a blu-ray disc do the same?

ssj12 said: Player specific decoders are nothing more than specialized GPUs. Gran Turismo is the trust driving simulator of them all. 

"Why do they call it the xbox 360? Because when you see it, you'll turn 360 degrees and walk away" 

Around the Network

Intersting point i have to say :P but there is, as someone said earlier, two alrge competitors in the USA, while there is only one in Japan. Therefore getting 10% of the market share in the USA is more impressive than 12% of the marketshare in Japan, because there are more major competitors and it is a larger market. But still, i didnt know they were doing pretty badly in the USA. I knew they were doing badly, everyone knows that, you find PS3 boxes everywhere you go, but its still an interesting point you made nevertheless.

I want to see the numbers of Europe... Didn't Ioi mentioned weeks ago that they would be soon here..When?

i never thought of it that way because i normally look at the sales, not the percentage of the market. Great post, just reminding me how much the ps3 is sucking.

Another reason I think the PS3's performance in Japan is looked up more negatively is games. Two of the biggest PS3 games that are releasing by the end of this year, Lair and Heavenly Sword, are more likely to push PS3 sales in the US. I don't see Ninja Gaiden Sigma giving the PS3 much of a boost in Japan. I think that NGS will perform better in the US as well.

Around the Network

Pfff.... 'Next-gen starts when we say its will'............ Next-gen started 6 months ago... And it didn't turn out the way Sony imagined their next-gen... From now on we'll call it Suck-gen for Sony!

THE NETHERLANDS

WiiGirl76 said:
Gballzack said:
But I heard on here that PS3 was going to be the future?

Since no one can really predict the future, the future so far looks different then from their expectations.

Nice sig by the way. Always liked Clinton better anyway :D

Well I suppose I could have the same reaction as this fan had,

albionus said:
I'm a rabbid soccer hater
"I'm gonna rip you limb from limb, tear the skin off your flesh, carve out your eyeballs, put your **** in a blender, eat your heart, and let the guy in my avatar take care of the rest of you.

HOW DARE YOU!!!     ;) to each his own"

Aside from the fact that I live by to each his own, I don't think the guy in my avatar would be able to do much and I know I couldn't.  That and I think he would probably agree with you anyways, if he were real, and if he wasn't a dog. 

With the 360 doing as bad as it is in Japan its no surprise the PS3 is doing better there.

Is the Wii that powerful??? 83.97% market share in Japan? Wow!!! If the PS3 is dead in Japan, then what does that make the Xbox 360 in Japan? Is there anything worse than being dead?

The PS3 is a zombie being force to live beyond the grave.