By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - PlayStation Studios and Nintendo Entertainment Planning and Development - Which is the better first party group?

HoangNhatAnh said:
Hynad said:

You are "comparing first party games of both", in the questionable manner you do here. Because that’s what insecure people who are into fanboys pettiness and console war will do.

Now, if you had actually followed, you would have seen that I only responded to your claim that Nintendo is the only one that could survive without third parties, which is a claim totally removed from reality.

You clearly knew what i meant when i said that, but you tried to understand it in a different way to fit your own arguement. Outsourceing 1st party games # 3rd party games. One more time, without 3rd party games, especially the Western ones, only Nin can survive, 

A third party game is a game developed by a third party studio.

A game can be a third party game while still being a first party IP.

So no, I didn’t try to understand it in a different way. I am trying to make you understand something you, so far, don’t.

Around the Network
Hynad said:
HoangNhatAnh said:

You clearly knew what i meant when i said that, but you tried to understand it in a different way to fit your own arguement. Outsourceing 1st party games # 3rd party games. One more time, without 3rd party games, especially the Western ones, only Nin can survive, 

So no, I didn’t try to understand it in a different way. I am trying to make you understand something you, so far, don’t.

He does kind of have a point.  If all 3rd party was cut out of the library moving forward, which do you think would survive LONGER Sony's Playstation or Nintendo?

Hynad said:
HoangNhatAnh said:

Bold: 1st party game will always be 1st game, whether it's outsource or in house. Without 3rd party games, who can survive longer, you already knew.

HoangNhatAnh said:
Hynad said:

Bold: 1st party game will always be 1st game, whether it's outsource or in house. Without 3rd party games, who can survive longer, you already knew.

I can’t believe I have to word this out because you are unable to grasp this, but if third parties don’t work on first party IPs, what do you think will happen with the output of titles from Nintendo?

I thought this discussion was about who can survive without third party games and not third parties in general. In case of the later Nintendo would be screwed.

Around the Network

Third party being paid by first party to work on first party IP is first party. But even if you removed that, Nintendo would still obliterate the other two if third parties were removed.

Look at what Switch is already doing and it has much weaker third party support in terms of the big games. Though, that is changing because publishers finally realize money made on the Switch spends just as well as money made on the others.

Hynad said:
HoangNhatAnh said:

I can’t believe I have to word this out because you are unable to grasp this, but if third parties don’t work on first party IPs, what do you think will happen with the output of titles from Nintendo?

We are talking about 1st party & 3rd party games, since when you switched it to the existence of 3rd party studios??? 

HoangNhatAnh said:
Hynad said:

We are talking about 1st party & 3rd party games, since when you switched it to the existence of 3rd party studios??? 

Third party studios making games for Nintendo. They’re third party developed games. These games are made by third party studios because Nintendo doesn’t have the workforce to do everything by themselves. The game library would be thin if not for them. And there would be long droughts in between releases.

But you’re trying to say Nintendo doesn’t need third party games to survive, but at the same time, you say third party games are fine if they’re Nintendo’s IPs.

Those games count as third party games. They’re not developed by Nintendo, which rely on such games to fill their catalogue and alleviate the droughts.

Can we all agree that From software is above both? Hidetaka Miyazaki, the current god of game developers...

Hynad said:
HoangNhatAnh said:

Third party studios making games for Nintendo. They’re third party developed games. These games are made by third party studios because Nintendo doesn’t have the workforce to do everything by themselves. The game library would be thin if not for them. And there would be long droughts in between releases.

But you’re trying to say Nintendo doesn’t need third party games to survive, but at the same time, you say third party games are fine if they’re Nintendo’s IPs.

Those games count as third party games. They’re not developed by Nintendo, which rely on such games to fill their catalogue and alleviate the droughts.

So Smash Ultimate, Yoshi's Crafted World, Link's Awakening remake, Fire Emblem, Metroid Dread, WarioWare, Astral Chain, Mario Golf and Tennis and all Pokémon games are all third party games?