By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Obi-Wan Kenobi Premieres May 25th on Disney+

Awesome, can’t wait!

I hope they they didn’t go dumb and have an Obi-Wan versus Vader fight though, because while cool, that wouldn’t make sense with the movies and the lines and events from III and IV, but anyway.

Around the Network

Oh,i'm waiting for this for so long.

my favorite character in the Star Wars Series.

hope they have more than 1 season

Really excited for this one.

This seems so cool of a series!!! I don't know exactly when this would take place (definitally a prequel to a new hope) but I hope this is another great Star Wars Original Series.

*Does Glide Shotgun Emote*

Ka-pi96 said:

I thought it was going to be a movie? That sucks. As much as I love Obi-Wan I'm not paying for disney+.

Disney scrapped a lot of their film plans after Solo tanked (was put in a horrible release window, outside of the typical December Star Wars release date, and far too close to The Last Jedi which had already left a bad taste in a lot of people's mouths) and decreasing returns throughout their trilogy (Rise of Skywalker barely passed Rogue One's box office total).  They've been shifting a lot of their planned film projects towards episodic streaming through Disney+ ever since their success with The Mandalorian.  That's how the Boba Fett standalone became "The Book of Boba Fett" series.  Same for Kenobi.  I was hyped for both films and have so far been let down by The Book of Boba Fett.  It became clear midway through the series that the writers had no interest in filling 7 episodes of a Boba Fett story.  So, they took 2 entire episodes and filled it with their Disney+ cash cow, The Mandalorian instead.  I don't have anything against The Mandalorian, mind you.  It's just that everything they wasted time showing in Book of Boba should have been in The Mandalorian's third season instead.  Boba Fett didn't have a single scene in his own show in Episode 5, and appeared for a brief few seconds in 1 scene late in episode 6, and even then still had no speaking lines... in the show bearing his name.  I wonder if the writers will get bored halfway through writing Obi Wan Kenobi as well.