By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - NFTs are a force for good!?!

Tagged games:

SvennoJ said:
jason1637 said:

Criminals have existed far before crypto and it’s mis information that crypto can’t be tracked. You can track every transactions to its wallet ID and law enforcement can you this info to find people.

Watch this, nothing else needs to be said, just watch it. Best 2 hours you'll ever spend.

The fact that everything can be tracked is addressed as well, as a big negative. It's how scammers find marks for example.

Sorry you fell for NFTs and crypto currencies, get out while you can. It's much worse than I thought it was. Web3 no thanks. Or rather please no, it would be an absolute nightmare if web3 catches on. That video literally has me tearing up that this crap has been allowed to go on for this long already.

It's extremely well reasoned, very technical, but very clear and addresses everything around crypto and nfts. Debunking all fancy claims, where they come from and who is pushing all this nonsense.

I didn't fall for anything bro. Crypto and NFTs arent for everyone but there are definitely a lot of dope projects out there that utilize NFTs and blockchain that arent the yatch club or other well known NFT projects.

Web3 is gonna catch it it's just a natural evolution of the internet. Web1 stagnant internet, send emails, read article. Web2 more interaction, social media platforms etc. Web3 the metaverse AR ( I think VR will be a gimmick and AR will be where it's at), the creator economy, NFTs and blockchain.

All of the worlds greatest minds that built web2 are working on web3, Zuckerberg, Dorsey, Cook etc. There's gonna be skeptics but it's definitely the future if you want it to be or not.

I'll leave this video of Bill Gates talking about Web1 in 1995

Around the Network
jason1637 said:
Zkuq said:

I'd consider pretty much any hyped blockchain technology to be not very widely used, considering the amount of growth potential there is. That is, it's only going to get worse. Additionally, doesn't the computational cost of a single transaction go up all the time, making each transaction more harmful than the others before it? I'd like to see estimates about the future instead of statements about the present - preferably from independent parties instead of those pushing for the adoption of blockchain tech.

These platforms aren’t stagnant as time goes on changes can be made like with ethereum 2.0. You wanted to see example of efficient blockchain platforms with mass usage so that’s what I showed you some of many examples of that. 

We'll see about that and hope for the best. I don't consider those mass usage despite seemingly large numbers of transactions, because what applications are mentioned there don't sound like mass use cases. That is, this is far from what it could all realistically become; There's much more room for growth yet, and if that growth becomes reality, what exists currently will be but a drop in the ocean. Maybe the changes will still improve the situation, but again, I'll reconsider my position once the changes actually happen.

SvennoJ said:

Would you like to buy a bridge maybe? Or a Star? Maybe a piece of the moon? One day it' going to be expensive real estate!

Why do you expect gamers to be able to re-sell their digitally bought games ? It's easily possible now, no need for NFTS, yet not interesting to publishers.

Season passes are the evolution of online passes.
NFTs will be the evolution of MTX and loot boxes if gamers allow it to happen again.

It's gonna happen regardless. We've got far, far too many folks that just flat out don't know, don't care or are completely on board/gullible to allow it to happen.

We've allowed all the other bad practices, I think the publishers know that they can just do whatever they want and then step back when the courts/govs get involved (like how EA had to take a step back from the BF2 lootbox fiasco, but is gleefully stepping over the line again by claiming "NFT's are our future", showing they haven't learned a damn thing). 

I don't want it to happen, but the idiots outnumber the smart, so it's gonna end up happening over time by default. I miss the days when we had the video game crash, back when enough gamers were smart enough to know that games like E.T were utter trash, and that Atari and co just spammed poor quality games, so ppl stopped buying them over time as a result (today that hardly happens, but it can do for obscure indie games or online MP titles that basically don't do anything to set themselves apart). 

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

jason1637 said:
SvennoJ said:

Watch this, nothing else needs to be said, just watch it. Best 2 hours you'll ever spend.

The fact that everything can be tracked is addressed as well, as a big negative. It's how scammers find marks for example.

Sorry you fell for NFTs and crypto currencies, get out while you can. It's much worse than I thought it was. Web3 no thanks. Or rather please no, it would be an absolute nightmare if web3 catches on. That video literally has me tearing up that this crap has been allowed to go on for this long already.

It's extremely well reasoned, very technical, but very clear and addresses everything around crypto and nfts. Debunking all fancy claims, where they come from and who is pushing all this nonsense.

I didn't fall for anything bro. Crypto and NFTs arent for everyone but there are definitely a lot of dope projects out there that utilize NFTs and blockchain that arent the yatch club or other well known NFT projects.

Web3 is gonna catch it it's just a natural evolution of the internet. Web1 stagnant internet, send emails, read article. Web2 more interaction, social media platforms etc. Web3 the metaverse AR ( I think VR will be a gimmick and AR will be where it's at), the creator economy, NFTs and blockchain.

All of the worlds greatest minds that built web2 are working on web3, Zuckerberg, Dorsey, Cook etc. There's gonna be skeptics but it's definitely the future if you want it to be or not.

I'm going to report you from now on. You are basically promoting the next 2008 crisis.

This is not a game, watch the video and see what's at stake and what the end game is. The environmental concerns are just a distraction from all the real issues. It all solves nothing, just creating new tools to milk the gullible by the (aspiring) super wealthy trying to rig the system in their favor. Or rather create new systems that are rigged in their favor from the get go.

jason1637 said:
SvennoJ said:

Tell me one good thing crypto or nft do that can't be done in the traditional way and be better for it? I hope and pray that the endpoint of crypto and nfts is a global ban on their use

Just a guy who doesn't want to be bored. Also

Around the Network
SvennoJ said:

I'm going to report you from now on. You are basically promoting the next 2008 crisis.

This is not a game, watch the video and see what's at stake and what the end game is. The environmental concerns are just a distraction from all the real issues. It all solves nothing, just creating new tools to milk the gullible by the (aspiring) super wealthy trying to rig the system in their favor. Or rather create new systems that are rigged in their favor from the get go.

I find it insulting that those grifting the NFT's try to make it sound like they can do something "new", when in reality the "new" shit they can supposedly do, has already been done by other technologies, people and companies decades before.

But apart from that, it is exactly like you say, a system rigged from the start and made to look like something everyone could easily get into, yet not get what they think they would, because the rich at the top would never allow for such a thing. 

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

I’m shocked, shocked…..well not that shocked

https://www.pcgamer.com/nft-marketplace-halts-transactions-due-to-rampant-counterfeiting/

gtotheunit91 said:

https://www.pcgamer.com/nft-marketplace-halts-transactions-due-to-rampant-counterfeiting/

Hahaha. Good riddance.

gtotheunit91 said:

Just wow.

Users of Cent were selling NFTs based on images they did not own the rights to and even selling copies of other NFTs, as well as selling NFTs that had been made to resemble other tradable assets.

While Cent has 150,000 users, the same problem has been noted at bigger NFT marketplaces, like OpenSea, which is currently the largest NFT marketplace in the world. OpenSea recently put in place a 50-item limit on its tool for free minting of NFTs since, as was explained on Twitter, "Over 80% of the items created with this tool were plagiarized works, fake collections, and spam." OpenSea removed the limit again after complaints from users.

More shocked that Cent has 150K users and that's small compared to OpenSea. The scam is working, too many fools in the world.