By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox FPS AllStars Game Ideas

After all the acquisitions MS have made recently, i am sure its on a lot of people's minds if MS will create their own Smash Brother / AllStar game.

What if MS turned OverWatch 2 into OverWatch 2 AllStars. Where MS include all their big flagship FPS characters and include them into the next OverWatch game. Master Chief (Halo), Doom Slayer (Doom), Soap (COD), Blazkowicz (Wolfenstein) Ranger (Quake) Joanna Dark (Perfect Dark) and top it off with all their special abilities like Master Chief uses Plasma Grenades, Doom Slayer uses a Chainsaw, Joanna Dark uses the Far Sight etc. 

So instead of MS releasing a similar game to OverWatch with a direct sequel, why not turn it into an AllStars FPS title with all of the famous characters from all of MS's FPS shooter genre and make something different. Would it sell?

If MS can do a Xbox Crossover game, what would it be? FPS seems to be their strength and seems quite doable. Afterall Xbox was known as the Shooter box in the past, why not inherit it.

Last edited by Azzanation - on 20 January 2022

Around the Network

Well, I would love them to come up with an "all star" games. But not an FPS.

This will probably not happen but I would love them to leverage Heroes of the Storm and makes it Heroes of Xbox :) MOBA are amazing to bring different types of characters because you can really have them uses different skills and the gameplay mix it well.

For a shooter. I don't know, at the same time Overwatch is kinda doing that but I do not see how they could balanced out all different characters skills/capabilities in an FPS. 

Could be interresting tho!

Imaginedvl said:

Well, I would love them to come up with an "all star" games. But not an FPS.

This will probably not happen but I would love them to leverage Heroes of the Storm and makes it Heroes of Xbox :) MOBA are amazing to bring different types of characters because you can really have them uses different skills and the gameplay mix it well.

For a shooter. I don't know, at the same time Overwatch is kinda doing that but I do not see how they could balanced out all different characters skills/capabilities in an FPS. 

Could be interresting tho!

I personally think a AllStars FPS arena shooter similar to OverWatch would actually be quite interesting and unique for crossing over actual game icons. Having the choice to play as your favorite FPS hero and having their own exclusive abilities just like in their own games could make for some hectic FPS fun.

MOBO would be cool as well however its not quite a popular choice for the console market. An FPS you can have on everything.

My issue with OverWatch 2 coming out is its most likely going to be more of the same. It might be a good opportunity to turn it into a new series.

They have a lot of potential to create a Brawler/Battle Royal/AllStars game. Rare alone can do their own game let alone all the companies they brought after their buyout.

That's not a bad idea.

Kakadu18 said:

That's not a bad idea.

They have the largest amount of FPS games in the industry. They have the best variety to make something like this work

Around the Network

I think we just need crossovers. I want The Banished in Gears of War. Maybe some sort of Forza Horizon set in Fallout. Perhaps the Master Chief and the Doom Slayer have to fight the demons of hell on a halo ring.

These are billions of dollars waiting to be printed.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Since they have Blizzard, they would probably either make them all in an Overwatch like game or have them all in Overwatch 2 as exclusive characters.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Overwatch is established enough at this point to remain independent. But I'm all for Microsoft, Nintendo, Sony, or whoever making meta games.

I'd love a Nintendo MOBA, a Microsoft Battle Royale, a Sony Smash, or whatever. I love the idea of meta games. It's a lot of fun seeing all the crossovers of ips.

Dulfite said:

Overwatch is established enough at this point to remain independent. But I'm all for Microsoft, Nintendo, Sony, or whoever making meta games.

I'd love a Nintendo MOBA, a Microsoft Battle Royale, a Sony Smash, or whatever. I love the idea of meta games. It's a lot of fun seeing all the crossovers of ips.

I agree, its good for the brands. Showcase what they have and let the fans of the series have fun. They all have enough properties now to make it work. MS definitely have the man power now to achieve this. I guess its a matter of when.

I really enjoyed Heroes of the Storm, its a shame it never caught on aswell as LoL and DOTA2.

Leynos said:

Since they have Blizzard, they would probably either make them all in an Overwatch like game or have them all in Overwatch 2 as exclusive characters.

I can see OverWatch opening up the Meta dimension or something like that where characters from all over the place join in. Seeing Doom Slayer walk through a portal and land in an OverWatch arena or Master Chief. They have so much potential to make it work. OverWatch would be the perfect game for it and a great alternative to Fortnite