By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - I think if Microsoft acquires another Major developer before Sony again , there might be an anti trust blockage in a way?

Imaginedvl said:
Hynad said:

Now, it’s funny how the ones who constantly whined and criticized Sony for money-hatting exclusives are nowhere to be found now. It’s ok for MS to flash its money, but when Sony does it? … Yeah, they so evil and arrogant.

You okay? From what in my post are you coming up with that lol

Also, and you can look at my history, but I never-ever critized Sony for that (other than having to use their controller when the game in only available on my Play Station, which I'm not a big fan of)... I do not care about them paying for exclusives and I understand why any company would do that. (same goes for Microsoft, I have no problem them acquiring studios or paying for exclusives). I think you are mixing up things just cause of my avatar.

It sucks when any game is not available to me, that would be the extrend of it lol, but I have both console and always had... So yah, not sure what is going on in your head :)

It was a general comment about the situation on the site. Not directed at you specifically.

Around the Network
Hynad said:

Now, it’s funny how the ones who constantly whined and criticized Sony for money-hatting exclusives are nowhere to be found now. It’s ok for MS to flash its money, but when Sony does it? … Yeah, they so evil and arrogant.

One difference is gamers gain absolutely nothing from these moneyhat deals. You're basically celebrating a corporation paying big bucks so others can't play the game, while you were always going to be able to play it anyway.

Now Microsoft is at least offering these games for good value in Game Pass, while also making them available on PC and xCloud. 

ITS SONYS OWN FAULT FOR MONEYHATTING TIMED EXCLUSIVES

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

I don't really care who's right/wrong at this point, it's more of just a sense of bemusement seeing Sony finally get slapped around by someone bigger and having to deal with content being taken away.

I don't believe for a second that Sony wasn't absolutely ruthless in encouraging 3rd parties to stay away/boycott Nintendo and Sega and gave no shits about driving Sega out of the industry and would have done the same to Nintendo with no regrets if they could have.

So seeing the shoe on other foot after all those years is just kinda funny.

KiigelHeart said:
Hynad said:

One difference is gamers gain absolutely nothing from these moneyhat deals. You're basically celebrating a corporation paying big bucks so others can't play the game, while you were always going to be able to play it anyway.

Now Microsoft is at least offering these games for good value in Game Pass, while also making them available on PC and xCloud. 

That’s some hypocrisy you got going on there.

MS is paying big bucks to prevent people who aren’t getting on their platforms from playing an increasing number of popular titles that were multiplat prior to their acquisitions.

Unlike Sony, MS is taking exclusivity forever if they so want because they now own these studios. 

Around the Network
Hynad said:
KiigelHeart said:

MS is paying big bucks to prevent people who aren’t getting on their platforms from playing an increasing number of popular titles that were multiplat prior to their acquisitions.

Unlike Sony, MS is taking exclusivity forever if they so want because they now own these studios. 

you dont have a phone?

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

kirby007 said:
Hynad said:

you dont have a phone?

Do you settle for cloud gaming? 

Hynad said:
kirby007 said:

you dont have a phone?

you dont have a phone?

kirby007 said:
Hynad said:

you dont have a phone?

You have an unhealthy fixation on me, so forget it, I am not giving you my number. 

Cool story, doesnt negate the fact they offered additional incentives