By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Microsoft to buy Activision Blizzard for 69 billion $

CaptainExplosion said:

Somebody wanna help me understand if this is good news or bad news?

I just hope it doesn't mean that Activision Blizzard will have to be under Bobby Kotick's control.

It'll be scrutinized as is normal for any deal of this size but I have no doubt that it will pass.

Around the Network
Ryuu96 said:
CaptainExplosion said:

Somebody wanna help me understand if this is good news or bad news?

I just hope it doesn't mean that Activision Blizzard will have to be under Bobby Kotick's control.

It'll be scrutinized as is normal for any deal of this size but I have no doubt that it will pass.

How come? How can Microsoft find a workaround?

CaptainExplosion said:
Ryuu96 said:

Hmm? Workaround to what?

Just saying it's a huge acquisition so obviously, FTC will look into it closely but I see no reason why they would block it, the scrutiny is standard procedure.

The other stuff is more for Facebook, Google and Amazon.

Ryuu96 said:
CaptainExplosion said:

Hmm? Workaround to what?

Just saying it's a huge acquisition so obviously, FTC will look into it closely but I see no reason why they would block it, the scrutiny is standard procedure.

I just hope you're right, because this is one of the only times I'm happy that Microsoft is buying a major developer.

CaptainExplosion said:
Ryuu96 said:

Hmm? Workaround to what?

I just hope you're right, because this is one of the only times I'm happy that Microsoft is buying a major developer.

It will probably go through, being the third largest is far from having a monopoly. However the regulators could drag it out and yes Kotick will remain in his seat until the deal goes through.

So yes, it's bad news if you want Kotick out fast.

Around the Network
SvennoJ said:
CaptainExplosion said:

It will probably go through, being the third largest is far from having a monopoly. However the regulators could drag it out and yes Kotick will remain in his seat until the deal goes through.

But he'll be gone anyway at least if the deal goes through.

CaptainExplosion said:
SvennoJ said:

Sure. I'm not sure the really angry talent will be willing to wait it out though.

CaptainExplosion said:
SvennoJ said:

What Dulfite said. How long are you willing to put up with a boss that simply doesn't care anymore. He didn't care before, now it really doesn't matter anymore what he does. He's going home with his millions regardless. The longer the process takes, the more damage he can do :(

Ryuu96 said:
CaptainExplosion said:

Hmm? Workaround to what?

FTC doesn't do shit these days.  They allowed monopolies to form in all industries.  You would need another Theodore Roosevelt to bust the trust up and that isn't happening considering all parties are basically shit these days in USA.  Shout out to Theodore for being one of that last good republicans to hold office.  There is a current bill going through congress addressing Amazon, Google, Apple, etc but it will probably won't do shit.  All talk and no teeth.

SvennoJ said:
CaptainExplosion said:

What Dulfite said. How long are you willing to put up with a boss that simply doesn't care anymore. He didn't care before, now it really doesn't matter anymore what he does. He's going home with his millions regardless. The longer the process takes, the more damage he can do :(

I don't know. There's no other legal option to get rid of him that I can think of. My only other idea is spreading a rumor that he's a pedophile and make everything so blown out of proportion that despite being false the allegations would ruin him.