By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Can wisdom teeth be saved, even if they have cavities? Read please.

Possibly... but why? Wisdom teeth are generally unnecessary and can cause problems, so I don't know why you would want to go through a root canal which will be painful and expensive instead of just pulling it. My wisdom teeth were pulled and they didn't even have any cavities.

Around the Network

Just get it pulled.

Better long term.

Just like ActiBlizz gets the trash out of their system, so should you with your unneccessary wisdom teeth.

Ah, I remember my surgery. I had all four pulled in one sitting, only local anaesthesis, I was fully aware of everything. The top ones were easy, but the lower ones both layed on the side, so the dentist had to mill off the flesh, then break the teeth several times so he could take them out in pieces. I remember how he was prying and jamming and pushig and pulling like a madman, using his whole body weight, sweating and cursing. After the first two teeth he allowed me a five minute rest. Meanwhile the assistant had a little mercy with me and decided to wipe off all the blood from my face. Good times. 10/10, would do again.

They are the furthest teeth yes, they won’t grow on everyone though. I think, think (don’t take my word for it, look it up because I didn’t and I’m not a dentist) there’s four regular maulers per side and then behind those all the way at the back there’s the wisdom teeth. But like I said not everyone has them. I only have one (that’s at a 45 degree angle while the rest of my teeth are straight) in the top left, while I can feel the one at the top right beneath my gums. If I have the ones at the bottom they’re too far in to feel.

S.Peelman said:

They are the furthest teeth yes, they won’t grow on everyone though. I think, think (don’t take my word for it, look it up because I didn’t and I’m not a dentist) there’s four regular maulers per side and then behind those all the way at the back there’s the wisdom teeth. But like I said not everyone has them. I only have one (that’s at a 45 degree angle while the rest of my teeth are straight) in the top left, while I can feel the one at the top right beneath my gums. If I have the ones at the bottom they’re too far in to feel.

I had one of my wisdom teeth removed for the same reason - it just grew at 45 degree angle which puts the nearby tooth at high risk of cavity.

Around the Network

They are useless teeth all th way back in your mouth. If they damaged get them pulled out.

For some people wisdom teeth don't even appear an live under the gum.

I only had one pulled out. I scratched it but biting on a coke can ring the over time it cracked and decayed. Was in pain for 3 years before deciding to get it pulled out lol.

Was the best feeling getting it yanked on. Less painful the the hole in it lol.

S.Peelman said:

They are the furthest teeth yes, they won’t grow on everyone though.

Today I learned!

Let them get pulled. The pulling itself and once the effect of the anaesthesia stops really aren't that painful.
When I got my wisdom tooth pulled it was one of the more pleasant experiences with a dentist. A root canal treatment is far more unpleasant (and takes much longer as well).

I assume you don't have dental insurance but even then you would have to pay some money. I've gotten I believe 4 or 5 crowns recently (grind my teeth at night but been using a guard past few years). Cost me about 500 or so even with dental insurance for each one.

Got my wisdom teeth pulled when I was 18 or so. They didn't even have enough room to come in so they cut my gum to pull them out. They knocked me out for it but didn't have much pain afterwards. I didn't even need all the pain pills that prescribed to me. I say good riddance. Hell I have trouble even with the back molars trying to keep clean. Water piks help but still... They got me on a tight regimen and I have to see dentist more often than most people. Apparently I'm terrible at maintaining my teeth.

Sure you could save, but not necessary at all.

Unless you are missing other teeth on that quarter of your mouth so the wisdom tooth occupies the space it is most likely that it will only cause you headaches further down the road so doing canal surgery would be a waste.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."