By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Can wisdom teeth be saved, even if they have cavities? Read please.

From personal experience, I doubt it. Then again, mine were impacted.

Around the Network
S.Peelman said:

They are the furthest teeth yes, they won’t grow on everyone though.

Today I learned!

Let them get pulled. The pulling itself and once the effect of the anaesthesia stops really aren't that painful.
When I got my wisdom tooth pulled it was one of the more pleasant experiences with a dentist. A root canal treatment is far more unpleasant (and takes much longer as well).

Just to pull a tooth , about 730$ California sucks for that.

Cute and honest Sega Saturn fan, also noone should buy Sega grrrr, Sega for life.

So I got my wisdom tooth pulled , it didnt hurt it lasted 2 minutes wanna know how much I payed? $819

Cute and honest Sega Saturn fan, also noone should buy Sega grrrr, Sega for life.

Around the Network

I assume you don't have dental insurance but even then you would have to pay some money. I've gotten I believe 4 or 5 crowns recently (grind my teeth at night but been using a guard past few years). Cost me about 500 or so even with dental insurance for each one.

Got my wisdom teeth pulled when I was 18 or so. They didn't even have enough room to come in so they cut my gum to pull them out. They knocked me out for it but didn't have much pain afterwards. I didn't even need all the pain pills that prescribed to me. I say good riddance. Hell I have trouble even with the back molars trying to keep clean. Water piks help but still... They got me on a tight regimen and I have to see dentist more often than most people. Apparently I'm terrible at maintaining my teeth.

Sure you could save, but not necessary at all.

Unless you are missing other teeth on that quarter of your mouth so the wisdom tooth occupies the space it is most likely that it will only cause you headaches further down the road so doing canal surgery would be a waste.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

noname2200 said:
S.Peelman said:

They are the furthest teeth yes, they won’t grow on everyone though.

Today I learned!

I met twins that for some very odd reason one had 3 and the other 5 wisdom teeth (well I also met a family that the mother had 3 nipples, one of the daughters had 3 and the other 4).

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Guess my extracted wisdom tooth is finally healed ? theres a massive hole there still. The Dentist thinks I'm a millionaire he's crazy he says I need my right wisdom tooth extracted too even though I have papers it's not infected he wants to charge another 819$ , this is stupid it angers me dentist try to squeeze money off your pockets like the first 800+$ for the first one was needed because it was infected and this man wants to charge me 4000$ for all 4 wisdom tooth extraction fuck out of here california.

At first, I thought this was one of those situations where "there is always someone out there, somewhere, that will get behind the most ridiculous causes," like someone was advocating for us to stop getting our wisdom teeth removed lol.