By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Kirby and the Forgotten Land Gets a New Trailer and Will Release on March 25, 2022

Tagged games:

Looks kind of fun actually.

Around the Network

3D Kirby is one of those thing I never knew I wanted until I saw it. I guess I got so used to the series being in 2D even several generations after gaming went primarily 3D, that I assumed it was just part of its DNA and never considered we might get something like this.

I don't mean to diminish 2D gaming; some of my favourite games of all time are 2D, but Forgotten Land gives me that same sense of excitement I got as a kid when I saw Mario, Zelda, or Metroid make the jump to full 3D, and it's been such a long, long time since I've experienced that feeling.

Bet with Liquidlaser: I say PS5 and Xbox Series will sell more than 56 million combined by the end of 2023.

Just played Kirby's Blowout Blast. It's kinda basic but fun. It is a 3D Kirby game before this upcoming one, but it's not really a platformer.

Kakadu18 said:

Just played Kirby's Blowout Blast. It's kinda basic but fun. It is a 3D Kirby game before this upcoming one, but it's not really a platformer.

It's all fun and simple for a puzzle-platformer :)

Spoiler!
Then you get to the Secret Path ...

Switch Friend Code : 3905-6122-2909 

Anywoo, time to fangasm a bit on the new trailer cuz really, I'm glad that as much as the third dimension seems to have brought the game to the light more than it's predecessors, the core aspects and identity of the franchise seems to have kept itself intact.

Cuz to me the way it looks, this game is basically a familiar fresh start for a formula that admitedly got it's run for it's money. I'm glad HAL saw the writing on the walls and were obviously already dedicated to make this game not just a starting point for 3D Kirby but a great first experience as well.
You look at this and you sure wouldn't believe that it is the first 3D mainline game in the series.

Still, my main concern will be how the translation of most abilities will be done in 3D cuz I fear while certain will benefit from it (Like needle for example), some will get the shaft or be heavily downgraded because they won't feel as good to manipulate in 3D (Sword looks to be that way).

Though, I might not mind this aspect as much, if the now more obviously focused exploration/puzzles aspects of the game reveals itself to be better than previous titles.

As for the sales, I think the game will do marginally better than Star Allies (which is around 3M because of the legs). Maybe it could reach Link's Awakening level of sales, who knows ? I think this game will be an obvious tremplin for newcomers into the series and Japan will continue with the usual strong sales for one of it's favorite mascot :)

Around the Network

Is it ok that I'm looking most forward to trying out Ranger Kirby because of his little gun?

CaptainExplosion said:

Is it ok that I'm looking most forward to trying out Ranger Kirby because of his little gun?

It understandably acceptable to feel that way. People 've been memeing the shit out of this eventuallity. So there excitement is justifiable.

Yet, now that these same peeps will be satiated, we won't see anymore of this obnoxious (and honestly unfunny) meme of Kirby with a gun :)

Mar1217 said:
CaptainExplosion said:

It understandably acceptable to feel that way. People 've been memeing the shit out of this eventuallity. So there excitement is justifiable.

Yet, now that these same peeps will be satiated, we won't see anymore of this obnoxious (and honestly unfunny) meme of Kirby with a gun :)

Kinda reminds me of how we were shocked when Mario + Rabbids came out because it gave Mario a gun, and then we learn that an early idea in the 80s for Super Mario Bros. was giving Mario a gun. XD

CaptainExplosion said:
Mar1217 said:

Kinda reminds me of how we were shocked when Mario + Rabbids came out because it gave Mario a gun, and then we learn that an early idea in the 80s for Super Mario Bros. was giving Mario a gun. XD

I wonder if Yoshi's Safari ended up being a recycling of this idea ...

Mar1217 said:
CaptainExplosion said:

I wonder if Yoshi's Safari ended up being a recycling of this idea ...

That, or just to utilize the Super Scope. Really giving Mario a gun isn't so bad as long as it's a cartoonish gun like the Super Scope or the Mario + Rabbids guns.