By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Will XBox 360 reach 50 million?

Their main mistake was predicting Xbox 720 release in 2009/2010 and that MS would kill of the X360 right away as they did with Xbox 1.

All 3 consoles will reach 100 million by 2017.

Around the Network

I was looking for this thread a while back to counter somebody. They said the PS3 was a success because nobody ever expected it to do 50 Million. Where were you when I needed you, thread?

Don't know if I posted when this thread was made. If not, I wish I had. It's one of those historic threads that we always go back to,

kowenicki said:
d21lewis said:
I was looking for this thread a while back to counter somebody. They said the PS3 was a success because nobody ever expected it to do 50 Million. Where were you when I needed you, thread?

Don't know if I posted when this thread was made. If not, I wish I had. It's one of those historic threads that we always go back to,

Indeed, quite a few here use that argument.  CGI is a notable.  The fact is almost everyone EXPECTED the PS3 to do better than the 360.  Now, apparently, the PS3 was destined to fail and therefore is dong amazingly well to still be only just in 3rd, sony haveing pulled a masterstroke.... I think not.

Some people just like to rewrite the history when it doesn't suit their agendas.

kowenicki said:
d21lewis said:

Indeed, quite a few here use that argument.  CGI is a notable.  The fact is almost everyone EXPECTED the PS3 to do better than the 360 even AFTER the price point was known and PS3 had ben out for a while.  Now, apparently, the PS3 was destined to fail and therefore is now doing amazingly well to still be only just in 3rd, Sony having pulled a masterstroke.... I think not.

Heh, yep.

I love this thread 70 million sold so much for the Nostrodameus in all of us! Fail

Around the Network
Daddo Splat said:
I love this thread 70 million sold so much for the Nostrodameus in all of us! Fail

How did you even find this thread O.o  It's 4 years old lol

haha man i miss people like rock-on2008 he was cool as shit

These old threads, I just love them. So much crow to be served.

kowenicki said:
the best is ofcourse the when will ps3 overtake 360 thread.... that is just gold.

link?!?!

awesome thread is awesome.

It gives you a clear picture who won and who lost this gen in the real world.

Imagine not having GamePass on your console...